Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I've been offered places at Manchester (AAB) Bristol (ABB) and Edinburgh (BBB) but I'm wondering as I had a terrible exam this morning (Core 3 Maths) what sort of grades they may let me in on, if I don't reach the entry requirements? Say I got BBC, do they normally let people in?

ReputationRep:
    the better the uni, generally, the less le-way there will be with grades.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Well I am on ABB at the moment. With the A being high, one of the B's being high, and I am only 10 UMS marks over the B in my other subject. Hopefully it won't be an issue not getting BBB, but I'm just preparing for the worst after such a bad exam.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol, don't count on it unless your application is outstanding. Manchester, maybe. Edinburgh, maybe. Just do what you need to do to get the grades, don't leave it to chance.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thanks mate. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    You can always resit C3 in summer; I know a lot of my friends at school last year didn't do as well as they had hoped in January, but managed to rectify the situation by resitting it.

ReputationRep:
    manchester will take you

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what you are applying for, and whether you've selected your firm and insurance yet?

ReputationRep:
    I havent accepted my firm or insurance, and it is Biology.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.