Eleanor1999
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've just received an offer for BA geography at Exeter!! However my offer says that I need AAA but underneath it says...
This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies, to include a Humanities or Social Science subject at grade B if not included in your AAA at A-Level.
I'm not too sure whether this means the offer is AAB as I do geography A level which is a humanities subject!
If anyone knows what this all means it would be very appreciated!!
Arima
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
one of your A levels should be an A in a humanities/social science subject. if you're not doing one at a level, at least you should have a B at AS level
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eleanor1999)
So I've just received an offer for BA geography at Exeter!! However my offer says that I need AAA but underneath it says...
This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies, to include a Humanities or Social Science subject at grade B if not included in your AAA at A-Level.
I'm not too sure whether this means the offer is AAB as I do geography A level which is a humanities subject!
If you had 4 A-levels and 3 were sciences then AAAB with the B in a Humanities or Social Science would be acceptable.

If you are only doing 3 then you need AAA to include at least one in a Humanities or Social Science (e.g. Geography)
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eleanor1999)
It means you need AAA at A level and if one of those A grades is not in a humanities/social science subject you will also need a grade B in such a subject.

So either: (a) AAA if that includes a humanities/social subject or (b) AAAB including a humanities/social science.
jnss.7
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Basically if you had AAA in subjects that weren't a social science or humanities, you would need a 4th subject that has a B in a social science or humanity. So no, it does not mean AAB with a B in Geography. If you only do 3 subjects, then you need an A in Geography.

For example, I do 4 subjects: Maths, French, RS and Italian, with only RS being a humanity or social science. If I got AAAC with a C in RS, I would not be allowed in the course. If I got AABB, I would not be allowed in the course. If I were to get AAAB with a B in RS, or AAAU with an A in RS I would be allowed in the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads