The Student Room Group

We text on snapchat a lot and talk at sixth form, but he never asks to meet?

So I met this guy when i started sixth form this year and we got on really well pretty quick. I knew I had feelings for him early on and after about a month of being in the same history class we added eachother on snapchat. Some nights we can talk for up to 21/2 hours, some nights we don't talk at all, but when we talk on sc and in sixth form we get on really well. There is a few places near and inside the college people meet up in and we've met together once and spent hours talking but I initiated it. I'd say we are good friends now and I'd like to take things further but idk if he is interested? I catch him looking at me sometimes and sometimes we make eye contact, he usually raises his eyebrows when he looks at me, but then I drop hints like saying 'I'm going to do our history hw p3' when I know he has a free then and hasn't done the homework but he never invites to meet, I always have to ask if I can meet him and make an excuse like all my friends are busy or I don't get the hw. Idk I just really like him and he teases me and we laugh lots but he never asks to meet up even as friends, is he shy or not interested??
Reply 1
Life is too short to play stupid games, tell him how you feel up front and if he's not interested move on.
Original post by sertyuer
Life is too short to play stupid games, tell him how you feel up front and if he's not interested move on.

But I have to see him almost everyday as we are in the same class, it would definitely be awkward if he said no and I don't want to ruin our friendship
Reply 3
noi
Original post by Student12547
But I have to see him almost everyday as we are in the same class, it would definitely be awkward if he said no and I don't want to ruin our friendship

Ok you've got a point there,I say just drop bigger and bigger hints until you are basically confessing your affection,see how he reacts and if he doesnt respond move on.
So I met this guy when i started sixth form this year and we got on really well pretty quick. I knew I had feelings for him early on and after about a month of being in the same history class we added eachother on snapchat. Some nights we can talk for up to 21/2 hours, some nights we don't talk at all, but when we talk on sc and in sixth form we get on really well. There is a few places near and inside the college people meet up in and we've met together once and spent hours talking but I initiated it. I'd say we are good friends now and I'd like to take things further but idk if he is interested? I catch him looking at me sometimes and sometimes we make eye contact, he usually raises his eyebrows when he looks at me, but then I drop hints like saying 'I'm going to do our history hw p3' when I know he has a free then and hasn't done the homework but he never invites to meet, I always have to ask if I can meet him and make an excuse like all my friends are busy or I don't get the hw. Idk I just really like him and he teases me and we laugh lots but he never asks to meet up even as friends, is he shy or not interested??

Question: Is he generally a shy/introverted person around other people, particularly girls or in new social situations? If he is, it would make it a lot harder for him to ask you out/make a move, just because of his personality.
Perhaps you could try to mutually escalate things for a bit, like meeting up more, maybe breaking the touch barrier ("accidentally") if you haven't yet, and see if he reciprocates. If he doesn't reciprocate as much during this, back off a bit, and see if he chases you at all. If he doesn't try to pick up contact again/chase you a bit, then it's less likely that he's interested. But if he does respond positively to the things mentioned (i.e. reciprocating light escalation, and chasing if not), then he's likely into you (although perhaps not as forward about it).

Hope this helps!
So after getting to know him there was not rly anything there, I thought I just didnt know him but he rly had no depth, but your answers were still rly helpful cos like no guys like me and idk anything about reading them so thanks x
Original post by phoenix_123
Question: Is he generally a shy/introverted person around other people, particularly girls or in new social situations? If he is, it would make it a lot harder for him to ask you out/make a move, just because of his personality.
Perhaps you could try to mutually escalate things for a bit, like meeting up more, maybe breaking the touch barrier ("accidentally":wink: if you haven't yet, and see if he reciprocates. If he doesn't reciprocate as much during this, back off a bit, and see if he chases you at all. If he doesn't try to pick up contact again/chase you a bit, then it's less likely that he's interested. But if he does respond positively to the things mentioned (i.e. reciprocating light escalation, and chasing if not), then he's likely into you (although perhaps not as forward about it).

Hope this helps!
From what I've seen on these forums apparently we're bad at picking up signs, so yeah probs tell him.

Strangers on the internet can't tell you what this guy is feeling. Only he can tell you that. Therefore you have to talk to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending