The Student Room Group

If a guy calls you "babe"..guys opinions please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hmm my boyfriend calls me babe sometimes and i don't mind too much
:smile:
Reply 21
I call some of my close friends babe....and they call me babe/hun. I like it personally. It's only a weird thing if you make it one.
IMO, it doesn't really have any emotion attached to it. It's just a word. I'm even tempted to think that the guys who use it only use it to save them from having to remember the girls name :p: .
Reply 23
I can't stand it when random guys trying to flirt call me babe :mad: I agree with Blackswan, should really be for your other half.
Reply 24
I call girls I know a lot babe, not girls in my class, but say female flatmates I get on with, or girls who im good friends with.

Or if a girl I know well, again a flatmate or good friend is crying and upset I might call her sweetie in a gentle voice.

Im an emotional person though and like to hug friends.
Reply 25
happinessxo
Generally I find that if a guy likes you, he texts you. But then my boyfriend always leaves his phone places, like his bag, or his car. And then he doesn't get it when I'm annoyed that he didn't text me sooner/at all. I think he's just getting lazy :smile:
I only like being called 'babe' by my boyfriend, although I prefer it when he calls me 'darling', doesn't leave me feeling so much like a chav teen wife or a little talking pig.

ahahhaha :p: +rep (remind me)

edit: I just call girls by their own names, just find it a bit odd calling them babe (sounds a bit degrading)
Reply 26
Makes me think about the sheep pig...

To be honest, I'd rather be called "you filthy whore" than "babe/baby" or whatever. Though, I'm pretty sure this isn't the norm ahaha.
Reply 27
babe/babes makes me want to get sick in my mouth a little.

eeurghh
Reply 28
LooksLikeJesus
I call people 'dear' quite a lot. Doesn't mean I fancy them, it's just a friendly affection thing :smile:

... and I also don't agree with the texting thing :P

I like using the word 'dear', too. Though I've been told I sound really old when I say it and sometimes even derogatory. Ain't gonna stop me using it though. :p:

Another favourite of mine is 'muppet'. 'Muppet' is only reserved for those whom I love most dearly. :wink:
Reply 29
Rokit
My flatmate calls me darling

My other gay flatmate calls me babe sometimes

Some other guys call me babe too. It doesnt mean they like me. It is simply a term of affection

If guys like you, believe me they text you

Babe is a very nice Hot chick, i love my babe
Queenkerosene
And he never used to call you "babe" ..does it in anyway mean he is feeling more affectionate towards you?also..when you act like you dont care/not interested/say its not working but then see us with other guys and you cant stop staring in that puppydog way what the hell does that mean!!! Im confused!! oh yeh and one more thing whats with the never txting us we have to txt you :P

Awww dont worry about it babe :hugs:
Reply 31
On a slightly different subject, what do you call a guy? Not babe, sweetie I'm guessing?
Never call anyone babe before but I sometimes call a friend princess and she doesn't mind. Babe doesn't really sound that nice to me. About the texting thing, its the total opposite for me.
happinessxo
Generally I find that if a guy likes you, he texts you. But then my boyfriend always leaves his phone places, like his bag, or his car. And then he doesn't get it when I'm annoyed that he didn't text me sooner/at all. I think he's just getting lazy :smile:
I only like being called 'babe' by my boyfriend, although I prefer it when he calls me 'darling', doesn't leave me feeling so much like a chav teen wife or a little talking pig.

Haha babe was a really cute little talking pig though :biggrin:
miss_world
Gah my boyfriend's recently started calling me babe- I hate it even when he calls me it!

Same here, it sounds so tacky and patronising.
coming from a guys perspective, I hate calling someone babe. just doesn't seem right calling them that.

I've said Hun before with one ex girlfriend, but with all my ex's i've had little nicknames, an example of one being "shine"

but it really does depend on the woman i'm with to what i'd call her.
I don't like being called babe really...but if you say 'babes' instead it just sounds better. Well...in my strange mind it does!
Reply 37
truthseeker
Never call anyone babe before but I sometimes call a friend princess and she doesn't mind. Babe doesn't really sound that nice to me. About the texting thing, its the total opposite for me.

lol some mates and I used to call our german teacher that, but more like "ellew princess" (was more of a joke though)
he thinks ur -babe- pig in the city (0.0) just kidding-- probably saw it on a movie and wanted to try it out-- he might be watching to many american shows
well if i dont call my floor mates "babe" i duno wt i wud call them...i mean i want to be friendly. Using their name is just to serious lol.....everyone uses their name....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending