The Student Room Group

If a guy calls you "babe"..guys opinions please

Scroll to see replies

its like the posh way of saying-- darling, you look mighty dashing
Reply 41
Some guys call a lot of girls babe, especially if they're the flirty type, but if he's never called you that before then I guess it might mean he likes you.

I have no problem with a boyfriend calling me babe...or with me calling them babe...when I think about it it's a bit chavvy and generally cringeworthy but it's just a term of endearment. I really hate darling on the other hand, I find it patronising and urgggh. But that is almost definitely because it's what my dad always calls me.
Reply 42
Dont take it as too much, he could just be hangning around people who use it alot, like you know how some phrases become epidemic eg. "Chicken" on Big Brother, could just be that.
Reply 43
i hate it,i was talking about this the other day to my ex, there's no need to call someone babe, or baby, or sweety or as he suggested.. princess :mad: I hate it! As soon as someone says it I think what a arse, I do have a name!
Reply 44
i dont even call a girlfriend babe, it sounds really cheesy

thats what names are for!!

but others on the hand will call everybody babes, hun, love etc.

dont you just hate it when people working at tills call you hun or love??? GRRRRR I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!

rant over
Reply 45
the word babe makes me cringe(reminds me of some old fat bloke, trying to flirt:s-smilie:) and someone calling me princess make me feel about 4 years old. ugh.
Babe is chavtastic.
blackswan
"babe" should be reserved for couples only. I hate when random people call me babe...I mean, why would you?!

cos they think your hot:biggrin:

seriously though its usually a term of endearment along with darling honey, sweetie, sweetheart, etc etc - most women usually hate at least one of them.

Of course it might not be complementary. One time good few years ago now myself and a few mates were in a club adn this rather unnattractive overwieght lady was makng eyes at one of us. he decided to go over there and started calling her a babe. Well she got very embarressed and smiley thinking she was well in there whilst Grant went on with this "ah you dont get it you are such a babe" Finally after letting her hang for awhile he finally ended it with "no your not getting it - have you not seen the film?"

We laughed our heads of she was considerably less impressed. It was cruel but hey we were young.

So OP he might think your hot or he might think you look like a pig or hes just using it as a term of endearment
I've only ever called a girl I'm in a relationship "babe", I'm quite surprised by how many girls don't like it, to me, it's just an affectionate nickname. I'd find using the girls name the whole time really formal, and kind of stilted, would not feel natural to me at all. I wouldn't say I ever use it as an excuse not to remember a girl's name.

I couldn't call a girlfriend "darling" though, to me it sounds very quaint and archaic. It also reminds me of those older films with aristocratic couples in, and the husband/male partner saying "Come Darling, let us change for dinner" or something! :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Atomic Dave
I've only ever called a girl I'm in a relationship "babe", I'm quite surprised by how many girls don't like it, to me, it's just an affectionate nickname. I'd find using the girls name the whole time really formal, and kind of stilted, would not feel natural to me at all. I wouldn't say I ever use it as an excuse not to remember a girl's name.

I couldn't call a girlfriend "darling" though, to me it sounds very quaint and archaic. It also reminds me of those older films with aristocratic couples in, and the husband/male partner saying "Come Darling, let us change for dinner" or something! :s-smilie:

aahahahaha :p:
angelpie
Dont take it as too much, he could just be hangning around people who use it alot, like you know how some phrases become epidemic eg. "Chicken" on Big Brother, could just be that.

haha i forgot about chicken!
Oh younger naive me, now I am 5 years older I can appreciate the fact that 'babe' is just a word that comes out of a mouth in many forms and meanings,'be a babe and pass me that', 'you are such a babe', and using it as a general nickname for the majority of females in ones life,old or young, pretty or ugly! In short..don't overanalyze texts, it's a waste of time:smile:
Calling your girlfriend Babe because she's a ****ing pig.
Reply 53
It means nothing :cool:
Reply 54
Some people just use pet names once in a while. It doesn't mean anything. Unless he asks you out or text/calls, just assume it means nothing.

I don't like 'babe', I'm okay with 'baby' if it's coming from a guy I'm dating.
I don't like being called babe. Really not my favourite pet name :nah:
Original post by skyblue1991
Calling your girlfriend Babe because she's a ****ing pig.

That'll do pig, that'll do.
The word is very cringey.
at healthy, I rely a lot on lean meats but I've been reading a lot lately about the link between diet and state of mind. In ancient times like in ayurved, holistic medicine and aristotle's view, the age old saying "you are what you eat" still holds true.

And meat according to many of these schools of thought is linked to restlesness and anxiety and i've watched a youtube video talking about how meat negatively impacts gut flora and that there is a definitive connection between your gut and psychology (hence the term 'gut feeling').

So I want to ditch the meat, and eat a purer diet for a trial period of 3 months. But I've always realied so much on meat and eggs that I don't really know where to begin.

Are there any vegetarians out there who can perhaps give me a few pointers.www.brautundabendkleider.com

And before anyone starts, this isn't some debate I want to start about veg vs non-veg. Or "i eat meat and I feel perfectly fine." IF you do good for you, not everyone reacts the same way to things (think food allergies) this is just a thread I wabrautundabendkleider.com
Original post by desdemonata
That'll do pig, that'll do.

Haha no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending