HOW did the UNIVERSE BEGIN???

Watch
Rohit_Rocks10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I've been having this thought since a week. How was the universe created? Before the universe, there must be nothing! So how then did something magically appear out of nowhere? And people who will say that God created it, I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings...but then who created God?
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Technically, there was no ‘before’ the Big Bang, as the Big Bang created space time. ‘Before the Big Bang, There was no space or time.
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moving to philosophy
username1402543
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Moving to philosophy
You might like to reconsider that to move to religions. After I start commenting
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MiszShortee786)
You might like to reconsider that to move to religions. After I start commenting
Religious philosophy is still philosophy, so you're more than welcome to offer religious insight here
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Religious philosophy is still philosophy, so you're more than welcome to offer religious insight here
Thank you.
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
Hi. I've been having this thought since a week. How was the universe created? Before the universe, there must be nothing! So how then did something magically appear out of nowhere? And people who will say that God created it, I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings...but then who created God?
Nobody created Allah. He was ever-existing.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why must there have been nothing?

What is nothing?

We might conclude there was nothing because of our own experience as humans and our observations within the universe in which we exist.

As a species, how do we conclude we have enough knowledge to even know that we are asking the right questions or that there is an answer?

If we conclude the universe is infinite, then everything is possible no matter how improbable. Or is it?
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MiszShortee786)
Nobody created Allah. He was ever-existing.
Nobody created Allah because he doesn't exist 😂😂😂
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it was dreamed into existence by the Anteater Spirit.
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chaz254)
Nobody created Allah because he doesn't exist 😂😂😂
From your perspective.
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the universe is infinite, then it has no beginning or end
Raen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And people who will say that God created it, I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings...but then who created God?
The Biblical view of God is that He is eternal and self-existing, i.e He had no beginning, He has no ending.
I don't know if you believe in any of the Christian teachings but Christians have taken this view from the description in Roman 16:26 (Everlasting) and the Hebrew name for God mentioned several times in the untranslated Old Testament came from the verb 'to be' and the Title itself meant 'the self-existing' or the 'eternal one' if that clears anything up about God's creation from a Biblical view.
TheKing'sAvatar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was brought into existence when a piece of the Flying Spaghetti Monster fell on the cosmic floor.
I’m a more serious note, I don’t think anyone knows for certain but I am pretty sure there was nothing.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All our brains are limited by ideas of creation and somethingness that we get from living on Earth. It was quite freeing in a way the first time I realised that "everything must come from something else" doesn't have to be true just because it feels like it should.
Onde
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is illogical to say that everything must have a creator and to say that something can be created from nothing. Therefore, the natural world must be eternal.
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I've been having this thought since a week. How was the universe created?

Before the universe,
According to known laws of physics, we cannot consider anything to as before the universe, because time doesn't make sense without universe.

there must be nothing!
No, that is a logical failure. You should read works and commentaries on Anaximander and Parmenides.
Something cannot come from nothing because nothing does not exist. If there was existing nothing, that would be something, not nothing.

Also, an effect must be different than it's cause, otherewise there wouldn't be any effect or cause, they would be the same. And since we established, that something can't come from nothing, then being- something that exists, existence in general is eternal. It may change it's form, but there always must be something.

The same thing is being said by the modern cosmology. Currently avaible data suggests that universe poped up from energy acumulated in point, which for unknown reasons has tranformed into space and materia.

And people who will say that God created it, I don't mean to hurt anybody's feelings...but then who created God?
Exactly. Even if we presume that God has a power of eternal existence, this only makes Him being an unnecessary element. If a God can be eternal, then why wouldn't universe be eternal on it's own? Also, universe is so complex, mysterious
Why can't we go through the simpliest route, and accept that of all things that exist, universe comes closest to major definitions of God, and the best prayer is looking at it and trying to understand it?

Anyway, universe is eternal, because that is the only logically possible option. It may change it's form, but something always exists. End of problem.
Beccajane2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think God started it and he wasn't created because he is God.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was the previous universe which collapsed into itself.
BrainyBengali
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From nothing.

It's impossible for our tiny minds to understand how that makes sense, but if one theory tells us it all started from a single point, then where did all that matter that was formed thereafter come from?

Only logical answer is that some being must've put it there. Otherwise how could all that matter just 'appear' out of nowhere? From red bloods cells, to autumnal leaves, the eyeball of a frog to a water droplet suspended thousands of feet in the air, this can't all have been made without an amazing, most intelligent creator.

Our life cycles continue as such: from one action there follows another, and another, and so on. But it all needed a start point. This is God. He had no beginning. HE has no end. HE sees all, does all, sustains all and above all, loves all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads