The Student Room Group

Feel low

I feel so unattractive and low, people say I am pretty but I don't believe them. I am always comparing myself to hotter girls. I have absolutely no idea how to be more confident.

I'm attracted to someone, and I don't want to feel attracted to them because it all just feels impossible and I'm so terrified of liking anyone. My self esteem is v low currently. I always seem to go for ladies' men and I wish I didn't.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it will be hard since you have the belief of yourself not being good enough ..... but it will get better as time goes on , i know that sounds hard to believe , you could pm me if you want ?:h::biggrin::hugs::hugs:

gigi xo
Reply 2
Original post by qam
it will be hard since you have the belief of yourself not being good enough ..... but it will get better as time goes on , i know that sounds hard to believe , you could pm me if you want ?:h::biggrin::hugs::hugs:

gigi xo

How will it get better? I have absolutely no idea how to create confidence from no where.
I feel sad cause I like someone but i guess I just know he isn't gonna pick me, nothing 's gonna happen.
I just wanna feel loved.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel so unattractive and low, people say I am pretty but I don't believe them. I am always comparing myself to hotter girls. I have absolutely no idea how to be more confident.

I'm attracted to someone, and I don't want to feel attracted to them because it all just feels impossible and I'm so terrified of liking anyone. My self esteem is v low currently. I always seem to go for ladies' men and I wish I didn't.

aw it sucks that you feel like that , just remember this though , those hotter girls are most likely ****s who dress up slutty just to get boys intention whilst you have more integrity and respect in you , trust me some boys like that and if you be patient the right man will come to you in no time :smile:
Reply 4
did HE do anything to show otherwise?
Reply 5
Original post by Ray_Shadows
aw it sucks that you feel like that , just remember this though , those hotter girls are most likely ****s who dress up slutty just to get boys intention whilst you have more integrity and respect in you , trust me some boys like that and if you be patient the right man will come to you in no time :smile:

Yeah, Ill be patient :smile: though it doesn't feel that guys like girls who keep it low key. The ones who dress for attention are always the ones who attract guys, but I feel quite uncomfortable dressing like that. And I guess guys don't like my personality. Just been single for too long now.
Reply 6
Original post by qam
did HE do anything to show otherwise?

Well there was another girl in our group tonight who was much hotter than me - I have quite short hair and don't wear a lot of make up, just natural look, and she makes a lot of effort with make up. It just annoyed me when he was giving her attention and being friendly with her. As I say, I compare myself a lot.
Yeah, Ill be patient :smile: though it doesn't feel that guys like girls who keep it low key. The ones who dress for attention are always the ones who attract guys, but I feel quite uncomfortable dressing like that. And I guess guys don't like my personality. Just been single for too long now.

ik that feeling , i've been single my whole life aswell (i'm 16) in my opinion you got mad respect from me on the basis that you don't rely on dressing slutty to attract guys that ,in my books, makes you special enough . Keep at it :smile:
Reply 8
ik that feeling , i've been single my whole life aswell (i'm 16) in my opinion you got mad respect from me on the basis that you don't rely on dressing slutty to attract guys that ,in my books, makes you special enough . Keep at it :smile:

Thanks hun.
Well I'm lot older (24) and have had boyfriends but they've been short, insecurity-riddled relationships and I've been single ages now. At least 3 years I think. I can't even remember the last time any guy made me feel special. I miss having the spark of being with someone. I really envy my friends who get in relationships so easily and have boyfriends who dote on them. I'm getting older but i guess soon as I get a place of my own I can buy some cats lol.
Thanks hun.
Well I'm lot older (24) and have had boyfriends but they've been short, insecurity-riddled relationships and I've been single ages now. At least 3 years I think. I can't even remember the last time any guy made me feel special. I miss having the spark of being with someone. I really envy my friends who get in relationships so easily and have boyfriends who dote on them. I'm getting older but i guess soon as I get a place of my own I can buy some cats lol.

have u ever considered online dating ? it could help
have u ever considered online dating ? it could help

I'd feel really weird doing that. Anyone could find my profile online, and i don't know, I'd just find it strange.
I know people don't mind online dating, but for some reason, I can't imagine doing that.

I think I want to meet someone in real life. I just can't seem to find someone I click with where there's that good energy. I suppose it is maybe my fault for being picky too, because I have turned guys down, but if I do go out with someone I want it to feel real and right. I think it's fine to be single for a while but maybe it just feels like I've been single too long and I want to feel that energy with someone, a connection with them again. Maybe i'm just getting really lonely. I feel like I'm probably having a low moment, but it's just that feeling there's something wrong with me. I know I'm not the only one and i need to get on with life and something will fall into place somehow... I hope.
I'd feel really weird doing that. Anyone could find my profile online, and i don't know, I'd just find it strange.
I know people don't mind online dating, but for some reason, I can't imagine doing that.

I think I want to meet someone in real life. I just can't seem to find someone I click with where there's that good energy. I suppose it is maybe my fault for being picky too, because I have turned guys down, but if I do go out with someone I want it to feel real and right. I think it's fine to be single for a while but maybe it just feels like I've been single too long and I want to feel that energy with someone, a connection with them again. Maybe i'm just getting really lonely. I feel like I'm probably having a low moment, but it's just that feeling there's something wrong with me. I know I'm not the only one and i need to get on with life and something will fall into place somehow... I hope.

well i mean i would come around and chill if i was older than i am XD is there any school friends boy or girl that u can chill with as friends ?
Thanks for bringing me back down to earth. There's a lot of truth in what you said.
You're right, defeatism won't get me anywhere.

I'm going to say the usual, drink water, exercise, eat healthily, but obviously that's not the only thing that is going tot help you.
I saw this experiment where people take away any sight of mirrors for a period of time, and they were more focused on everything around them,after they got used to it, they never even thought about their looks, I'm guessing this could help, I know its drastic to take any sight of mirrors in your house so may just avoid them more.

I feel bad as I'm going throught the exact same thing but school life just makes me anxious and sometimes home life. Watch youtube videos on the self- help and how to be confident about yourself videos, 'How is a few self-help issues going to help' I now it sounds stupid but they can make such a big impact.
If you need inspiration to just change, become a better person as a whole, I recommend watching Prince ea (my inspiration), he's not focused on looks as such but more about the open, he has made me see things on a whole other perspective like the trump presidency. Watch one vid of his and maybe you'll feel the same empowering feeling as i had.Hope this helps!
Original post by Anika1184
I'm going to say the usual, drink water, exercise, eat healthily, but obviously that's not the only thing that is going tot help you.
I saw this experiment where people take away any sight of mirrors for a period of time, and they were more focused on everything around them,after they got used to it, they never even thought about their looks, I'm guessing this could help, I know its drastic to take any sight of mirrors in your house so may just avoid them more.

I feel bad as I'm going throught the exact same thing but school life just makes me anxious and sometimes home life. Watch youtube videos on the self- help and how to be confident about yourself videos, 'How is a few self-help issues going to help' I now it sounds stupid but they can make such a big impact.
If you need inspiration to just change, become a better person as a whole, I recommend watching Prince ea (my inspiration), he's not focused on looks as such but more about the open, he has made me see things on a whole other perspective like the trump presidency. Watch one vid of his and maybe you'll feel the same empowering feeling as i had.Hope this helps!

Thanks. Might try the mirror thing. I look in mirrors and fuss far too much.
well i mean i would come around and chill if i was older than i am XD is there any school friends boy or girl that u can chill with as friends ?

:biggrin:. Thanks. Yeah, I guess I'm going through a weird phase, starting new jobs and all, and need to be tough for a while as I will get to know people through new jobs and new hobbies and experiences and soon this loneliness should get better.

Writing this thread has been nice though because people have been caring and brought it back down to earth. Sometimes it's just easy to get too fixated on how you look and it can really bring you down if you're negative and obsessive about it. All too easy done when there's so many attractive women out there, and so many images of perfection in the media to compare yourself too. I need to have more faith in who I am not how I look.
:biggrin:. Thanks. Yeah, I guess I'm going through a weird phase, starting new jobs and all, and need to be tough for a while as I will get to know people through new jobs and new hobbies and experiences and soon this loneliness should get better.

Writing this thread has been nice though because people have been caring and brought it back down to earth. Sometimes it's just easy to get too fixated on how you look and it can really bring you down if you're negative and obsessive about it. All too easy done when there's so many attractive women out there, and so many images of perfection in the media to compare yourself too. I need to have more faith in who I am not how I look.

yeh i get that , feel free to pm me if you want the company , try not to think about it though and focus on something else in life e.g goals for work
Yeah, good advice, it's okay to feel like this sometimes but just ought not to let it take over. I do agree even attractive people can be insecure at times. And yeah, i agree, it's good to be different, just got to own it!
yeh i get that , feel free to pm me if you want the company , try not to think about it though and focus on something else in life e.g goals for work

Thank you :smile:))
Reply 19
you shouldnt think of it as you have to doll yourself up , it may give you confidence but another way of thinking about it is that you ll make someone that youre not

if people say youre pretty it wouldnt be for no reason ! you just need to forget about all the bad stuff but then again like i said you already drummed tose thoughts into your head :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending