The Student Room Group

to what extent is mental illness as thomas szas claimed ''a myth''

how can i place this into a 3,000 word research assignment/essay. all and any ideas are welcome!! xx
Original post by maya-rose2140
how can i place this into a 3,000 word research assignment/essay. all and any ideas are welcome!! xx

ooh i've done research into thomas szas, i love his ideas!!

so is Thomas Szas's research on mentall illness the title of your essay?
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
ooh i've done research into thomas szas, i love his ideas!!

so is Thomas Szas's research on mentall illness the title of your essay?

the title is 'to what extent is mental illness a myth' ive read into szas too, and the notion of freedom vs psychiatry but because im so behind i don't know how to structure this research into 3,0000 words
Original post by maya-rose2140
the title is 'to what extent is mental illness a myth' ive read into szas too, and the notion of freedom vs psychiatry but because im so behind i don't know how to structure this research into 3,0000 words

mkay, off the top of my head, i'd do a 4 point structure plan?

So point 1 - why Freedom in patients is good, useful, and back this up with THomas Szas's findings/research

point 2 - why psychiatry is good and useful - back this up with some research (not necesarrily Thomas Szas's)

Point 3 - Disadvantages of freedom for patients, and again backup with evidence

Point 4 - The disadvatnages of psychiatry for patients with yet again, more evidence

I hope that helps? it's what i'd do. and you could do average of 750 words per paragraph. shazam.
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
mkay, off the top of my head, i'd do a 4 point structure plan?

So point 1 - why Freedom in patients is good, useful, and back this up with THomas Szas's findings/research

point 2 - why psychiatry is good and useful - back this up with some research (not necesarrily Thomas Szas's)

Point 3 - Disadvantages of freedom for patients, and again backup with evidence

Point 4 - The disadvatnages of psychiatry for patients with yet again, more evidence

I hope that helps? it's what i'd do. and you could do average of 750 words per paragraph. shazam.

thats great thank you, just one more thing how can i then steer this towards answering the question of how mental illness is a myth rather than the freedom bit which will only be a fraction that i will refer to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending