The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Rotherhithe

Its near river thames. What kind of an area is it? I've never heard of this area, also never heard anyone mentioning it. Cheers.
It's good.
Reply 2
Excellent.
Reply 3
It's pretty good, near some of the deprived parts of the east end but it's mostly new upmarket developments IIRC.
It's alright. A bit out of the way for some things but not too much. I've only been through it a few times on the way to Greenwich etc. There is a big retail centre near Rotherhithe with a Cinema. It's a good location for Canary Wharf and bit out of the way from the West End but you get much more for your money south of the river and will be closer to things than those who live in comparable living coniditions in the North of London.
http://www.findaproperty.com/wordonthestreet.aspx?edid=00&salerent=1&areaid=0425

Read.

It is probably biased though. I have never read a bad word about any location on that site (look up "New Cross" and "Hackney" to see what I mean).
Reply 6
It's remote and I've never had cause to go there so I assume it isn't particularly interesting. It's near the Docklands, which is much more interesting.
Reply 7
I thought this was going to be about how to pronounce it. I know just as many people who pronounce it each of these two ways:
1) rother- heith
2) rother- heithe (almost sounds like hive)
Does that make any sense to anyone? :confused:
Reply 8
.:biggrin: :biggrin: I thought you were talking about the tunnel.
Reply 9
*Katie*
I thought this was going to be about how to pronounce it. I know just as many people who pronounce it each of these two ways:
1) rother- heith
2) rother- heithe (almost sounds like hive)
Does that make any sense to anyone? :confused:
3) Rother-hide (most be a south side thing)
Reply 10
Its ok. Near Bermondsey though....
Reply 11
...which is also fine.

Rotherhithe and Bermondsey are similar - bit shabby but generally fine. Decent bus links, not so good for tube but meh, who needs tubes. I never use 'em. Bus passes ftw.

It's pretty good value, that area. Where exactly you looking at?

Latest

Trending

Trending