The Student Room Group

A level A* students, how many past papers did you do?

I know you did past papers, but how many of them in total did you do?
Last year I did every single available paper 2010 onwards for each exam.
Reply 2
All of them. Sometimes multiple times.
2/3 of my subjects were essay based so I did at minimum one developed essay question a week, but sometimes I did 2 exams worth of questions a week for english lit. For my other subject which was RS , I normally did an essay question at the end of a section in a topic, and my teacher set me and my class study packs, so we had a term to complete a booklet of work, which would normally include completing pass papers, plans for questions, or sometimes every possible exam question that could be asked. This included everything we had studied that term. This doesn't count papers that were done in class and mocks.
Original post by The RAR
I know you did past papers, but how many of them in total did you do?

Every single paper at least three times by December except for the most recent one, which I did just before exams ( to get a more realistic feeling on how the actual exam is gonna be). You wanna do them such to the extent that you don’t need to properly read the question and you know what to do
Reply 5
Original post by SherlockD
Every single paper at least three times by December except for the most recent one, which I did just before exams ( to get a more realistic feeling on how the actual exam is gonna be). You wanna do them such to the extent that you don’t need to properly read the question and you know what to do

From which year on of the past papers did you do?
For A Level Maths I tried to do as many as possible. Succeeded for some units in year 12 but year 13 there was just too much to keep track of and get them all done.

There were 0 past papers available for my other subjects (History and English Lit) at A Level.:sadnod:

Original post by The RAR
Whenever the specification starts.:wink:
Reply 7
Original post by 04MR17
For A Level Maths I tried to do as many as possible. Succeeded for some units in year 12 but year 13 there was just too much to keep track of and get them all done.

There were 0 past papers available for my other subjects (History and English Lit) at A Level.:sadnod:

Whenever the specification starts.:wink:

But my spec started in September 2015 and there is only one past paper available so far :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by The RAR
But my spec started in September 2015 and there is only one past paper available so far :frown:

Do the ones from the previous spec as well. They aren’t that different in terms of the information you need to know.
Original post by The RAR
Use whatever is available. Use the old ones too. The same people will be writing them.:yep:
Original post by The RAR

2006 for maths and further maths ( but I did them in 20 mins it was so easy)

For economics, I think the earliest was 2009 so I did that
I got all A*’s, as many people above said, I just did the max possible basically.
Pretty much all of them. I dont consider myself an A* student because i dont work like one, in quite inconsistent (i can literally go from an A* to a U in one day), but i think it is important that you do all past papers to expose yourself to all possible scenarios the exam board can throw at you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending