The Student Room Group

What to major in?

guys so I'm a very lazy person and I'm currently doing my as levels with chem bio and math as subjects and idk what to do in uni considering I'm going for uni next year and not doing yr 13!!! help I'm very indecisive
Reply 1
How are you able to go uni without doing year 13?

I'd say a social science subject, I'm currently in my final year of a management degree and it's been relatively easy. But then it does depend on your interests, think what they are, what job you want and find a subject which meets in the middle
Reply 2
Original post by r-t
How are you able to go uni without doing year 13?

I'd say a social science subject, I'm currently in my final year of a management degree and it's been relatively easy. But then it does depend on your interests, think what they are, what job you want and find a subject which meets in the middle

im not interseted in anything lol i know its funny but id rather drop out but i need money aha! plus the country im in unis dont require yr13
Reply 3
Original post by loser123
im not interseted in anything lol i know its funny but id rather drop out but i need money aha! plus the country im in unis dont require yr13

Maybe take some time out then and do some experience, traveling etc and see what you're interested in because it sounds like you just want to go to uni because you can and not because you want to.

A degree also isn't everything nowadays, once you do figure out your interests, there are plenty of paths to go down (not sure what theyre in your country though).
(edited 6 years ago)
Why is this in the Medicine forum (asking because you don't seem to have mentioned anything about being interested in it)? I get that you're doing the right A-levels for it, but in the nicest possible way, a self-confessed 'very lazy person' is not going to have a very happy time as a med student.

From the above, if you live somewhere where you can go to university after Year 12, and are determined not to finish Year 13, I'd at least take a gap year as it doesn't sound like you have any idea what you want to do at all right now.
Reply 5
Original post by *pitseleh*
Why is this in the Medicine forum (asking because you don't seem to have mentioned anything about being interested in it)? I get that you're doing the right A-levels for it, but in the nicest possible way, a self-confessed 'very lazy person' is not going to have a very happy time as a med student.

From the above, if you live somewhere where you can go to university after Year 12, and are determined not to finish Year 13, I'd at least take a gap year as it doesn't sound like you have any idea what you want to do at all right now.

Well that’s because I literally just found out about this website so I didn’t know exactly how to use it hahaha so maybe you’re right
Original post by loser123
Well that’s because I literally just found out about this website so I didn’t know exactly how to use it hahaha so maybe you’re right

Fair enough!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending