AQA Physics A (Module 2) Watch

Hydromancer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Did anyone do this one?? How did you find it??
TC88
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Couldnt even do question 1 :rolleyes: and the momentum question was a bit tricky .
Zwitter Ion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey,
I was just wondering how people have found this paper...I personally thought it was quite difficult...although some aspects of it were okaish such as question 2...however the majority of questions i thought were hard..
There was however quite a lot of theory questions compared to mathmatical problems which i did'nt like.....

So..how did everyone else find it?
Hydromancer
Rep:
?
Question 1 was nasty. The one about the mean squre spped got me. I know what root mean square speed is but i don't get why it would be different for molecules of two different gases atthe same temp.
Hydromancer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muggle Born)
There was however quite a lot of theory questions compared to mathmatical problems which i did'nt like.....
Yeah, therewas TOO much theory. More maths and calculations would have been better...there was really little stuff on energy/work done/power...
Lime Green
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Too much writing!!!! >.< ((The momentum ones were horrible))

The only question that was OK was the motion under gravity one.
Rich91
Report 10 years ago
To answer that, i put different gasses have different masses, if the temp is the same, then they will have the same KE, that means that if the mass is higher in one, the speed will be lower.
TC88
Report 10 years ago
i just wrote mean square speed doesnt depend on temperature
Hydromancer
Rep:
?
I wrote that mean square spped depends on mass and kinetic eergy. It might get a mark.
Zwitter Ion
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rich91)
To answer that, i put different gasses have different masses, if the temp is the same, then they will have the same KE, that means that if the mass is higher in one, the speed will be lower.
oh wow i wrote exactly that...

i feel soo much better now knowing other people found it hard too...
my teacher told me that if many people found it hard then AQA put the grade boundaries down...
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The mean sqaure is different because the molecules have the same temperature so the same KE, but if the mass is lower, the mean speeds willl be higher. That's the answer. I thought the last question of the plane question was tricky. I managed to put my answers in last 2 minutes for the vertical motion/resultant motion for the dart. What did you people put for it?

Certainly not enough mathematics and too much theory. But thats good since I revised a lot on the theory!!
Toxic
Report 10 years ago
the whole paper wasn't horrible, it was allright, each one of the question was easy and the whole school had the same opinion and even my teacher was saying that it was easy and the grade boundaries might be high. In my opinion they were all easy but it was a bit more theoretical than previous years, although its my first time, the test was quite easy.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha... i did terrible. When i added up the marks for all the questions that i actually put an answer for, i could get an E. :proud: And apparently a lot of those answers are wrong anyway. :| Haha, i'm looking forward to telling my teachers & getting my results.. everyone will be so pleased. :p:
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I thought it was rather straightforward, I'd have preferred less writing questions.
Mail1234
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thought it was much harder than I was expecting. Way too much theory for me, some weird questions where they seemed to pick random stuff to write questions about (eg the dartboard one, what was the point in that except to confuse people with the paragraph of text above? It just seemed to dress it all up for no reason at all ) etc. Dont think ive improved upon last time but I dont really mind too much if I dont. So a tough paper I thought.
Toxic
Report 10 years ago
who got an answer to the question about temperature change as 4, that one was one of the easiest
JjrShah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Toxic)
who got an answer to the question about temperature change as 4, that one was one of the easiest
I got that, but then a few people got 0.1 or 0.01, something like that so I wasn't sure :/.
Zwitter Ion
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Toxic)
I think i also got that but i left mine as 3.9 something i can't remeber exactly i agree this was a simple question....
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I got 4 exactly, and so did most of the people I talked to. What everyone get for the dart question? I got 8.something at angle of 17 degrees to the horizontal (or something similar).
Toxic
Report 10 years ago
for the dart question i got the first part for time 0.250 sec (3 sig fig) and then with the question about the magnitude and angle i got something like 13. summit and then my angle was 51.3 degrees because i did tan-1 10/8. since it is 10 is the opposite and 8 is the adjacent u need to use TOA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
28.88%
No - I got the required grades (110)
58.82%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise