The Student Room Group

Contacts or Glasses?

So those who wear glasses or dont, which one do u prefer to wear for ur eyes?

Opinions and thoughts x
Reply 1
I only wear glasses as the thought of the way you put in contacts just gives me chills. Also contacts are more expensive arent they than glasses overall??
Original post by abbynub
I only wear glasses as the thought of the way you put in contacts just gives me chills. Also contacts are more expensive arent they than glasses overall??

contacts for me as i only wear one
i want to get contacts, but i've been wearing glasses since year 8, now i'm in year 11. I wear them all the time because i can't be bothered to be that person to take them off then back on again. i think i look really weird if i have contacts because no-one has really seen my natural eyes for so long, but i want them. i don't know if i should get contacts after year 11 so that way it's kind of like a "new me" thing most people have after 6 weeks.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx

Opinions and thoughts x

For the look: contacts. They can't be seen by no one.

For the good: glasses. Although I don't like to wear glasses and I have not a face for it, I would prefer this. That is why I am wearing glasses at work now and then.
Reply 5
I wear both.

I like contacts more, however, I mainly wear them for night outs or sports. I wear glasses when I need them, so I can be most of the time without glasses or contacts when I am not outside (or outside on a bright day).

Recently I started working at a new job as an agent for a contact lenses distributor so I am wearing contacts much more often, especially when I work. I will be trying a new brand of progressive contact lenses as I need progressives and no brand I tried are good for me.

I need progressive lenses because of fatigue and focusing issues, I can manage with regular contacts or glasses but they don't give me the best acuity for both distances, and if I use the computer with contacts I must wear weaker ones that are not good enough for night driving.

My eyesight got better the last couple of years so I wear glasses or contacts much less now.
Original post by Kathy89
I wear both.

I like contacts more, however, I mainly wear them for night outs or sports. I wear glasses when I need them, so I can be most of the time without glasses or contacts when I am not outside (or outside on a bright day).

Recently I started working at a new job as an agent for a contact lenses distributor so I am wearing contacts much more often, especially when I work. I will be trying a new brand of progressive contact lenses as I need progressives and no brand I tried are good for me.

I need progressive lenses because of fatigue and focusing issues, I can manage with regular contacts or glasses but they don't give me the best acuity for both distances, and if I use the computer with contacts I must wear weaker ones that are not good enough for night driving.

My eyesight got better the last couple of years so I wear glasses or contacts much less now.

What are progressive contacts?
Reply 7
Original post by damn daniel yeah
What are progressive contacts?

Gradual change in correction from distance to up-close range.
Because of eye fatigue issues I need different prescriptions for distance and near.
I wear both. Contacts for physical activity and glasses for everything else. I don’t particularly find contacts comfortable but they’re better than having to push up glasses falling down from sweat all the time
Reply 9
Glasses. I tried contacts but they just weren't for me. When I got told years ago I'd have to wear my glasses 24/7, I was pretty upset but now I love them and feel like they are a part of me. I have different colours and styles of glasses as well so I mix and match them with my outfits :colondollar: and actually get excited when it's time to get a new pair :laugh:
I wear both. Glasses if I'm just at home but contacts at work or when I go out. Glasses are generally more comfortable but I prefer the look of contacts, I focus on eye make up rather than lips so it's nice for it to be seen. I just feel more like myself in contacts. I do get headaches if I wear contacts for too long and they can become uncomfortable, so if I'm ill or hungover I'll choose glasses.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx

Opinions and thoughts x

Glasses for everyday things, university and work.

Contacts for going out, exercise/dance.

I prefer myself without them but by no means do I dislike wearing glasses. For some people, glasses make a really nice addition to someone's facial features.
Glasses. My aunt once told me her eyeball came out once when she was taking her contact lense out. To this day I dont know if she is telling the truth, but it freaked me the hell out
Original post by Rum Ham
Glasses. I tried contacts but they just weren't for me. When I got told years ago I'd have to wear my glasses 24/7, I was pretty upset but now I love them and feel like they are a part of me. I have different colours and styles of glasses as well so I mix and match them with my outfits :colondollar: and actually get excited when it's time to get a new pair :laugh:

The same for me. I used to hate wearing glasses, I found it uncomfortable having frames against my face all day & was self conscious about how I looked in them. Having a couple of different styles to choose from definitely made me more confident about wearing them. I've bought a few pairs online as well so I can mix & match different looks & I've come to see my glasses as a fashion accessory. It took me a while to get used to the feel of them but it doesn't really bother me now, in fact if I take my glasses off it actually feels weird not having them on my face.
Original post by Alesha1991
The same for me. I used to hate wearing glasses, I found it uncomfortable having frames against my face all day & was self conscious about how I looked in them. Having a couple of different styles to choose from definitely made me more confident about wearing them. I've bought a few pairs online as well so I can mix & match different looks & I've come to see my glasses as a fashion accessory. It took me a while to get used to the feel of them but it doesn't really bother me now, in fact if I take my glasses off it actually feels weird not having them on my face.

Having a few pairs really make it more fun wearing glasses. Maybe it was one of the things that helped me getting used to wearing them. Still don't really like them, but not to the point of hating them. I am thinking of ordering more for the summer, with different colors or buying one with changeable temples to play with

Quick Reply

Latest