The Student Room Group

Martial Arts Kicking Sampler

Hey all,

I made a kicking sampler today. I used to compete as an amateur kick boxer, but now I just do freerunning and powerlifting. However, I still like to practice basic techniques and kicks on occasion :P

[video="youtube;gHrnPCSvE18"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrnPCSvE18[/video]

I thought it would be cool to share it.

Does anyone else do martial arts?

Does anyone else use martial arts as a form of cardio?

I prefer it to the stair master, cross trainer or treadmill ha
Reply 1
Original post by Matticus C
Hey all,

I made a kicking sampler today. I used to compete as an amateur kick boxer, but now I just do freerunning and powerlifting. However, I still like to practice basic techniques and kicks on occasion :P

[video="youtube;gHrnPCSvE18"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrnPCSvE18[/video]

I thought it would be cool to share it.

Does anyone else do martial arts?

Does anyone else use martial arts as a form of cardio?

I prefer it to the stair master, cross trainer or treadmill ha

Nice kicks!
Yeah I do Jujitsu...
Yeah...
Sames but I love climbing the most
Nice :biggrin: Yeah, I've been into martial arts all my life and dabble in a few now on a very casual basis. Muay Thai is one I attend semi-regularly, though, always an intense cardio workout and really good for the basics in striking and defence.
Reply 3
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Nice :biggrin: Yeah, I've been into martial arts all my life and dabble in a few now on a very casual basis. Muay Thai is one I attend semi-regularly, though, always an intense cardio workout and really good for the basics in striking and defence.

Oh awesome dude!

Since I've got more into Powerlifting and Freerunning, I don't have that time anymore, but it's still fun and great cardio hah

Oh cool! Muay Thai is what I started in. I did Muay Thai and K1 kickboxing :biggrin: Absolutely, muay thai is probably the best for self-defence, apart from KRAV MAGA.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Matticus C
Oh awesome dude!

I used to compete as an amateur, but since I've got more into Powerlifting and Freerunning, I don't have that time anymore. I still like practicing techniques.

Oh cool! Muay Thai is what I started in. I did Muay Thai and K1 kickboxing :biggrin: Absolutely, muay thai is probably the best for self-defence, apart from KRAV MAGA.

I love a bit of Krav Maga :biggrin: I'd go a lot more often but there's only one place that does classes in my area and it's pretty damn expensive, think only the guys who are mega serious about it go regularly tbh. I've never really done kickboxing, seems very similar to Muay Thai fundamentally from what I've seen though. I've done regular boxing on and off my whole life, though.

Quick Reply

Latest