Rachiecakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all, I am in major and urgent need of help.
I am doing a group project and I have been assigned to look at social learning theory and how anger is not part of your personality. Have you got anything i can look at that is NOT Bandura's bobo doll experiment. please and thankyou.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you'll find that anger is an emotion. It may influence behaviour, and often does, but it is not behaviour.
ayyyy.x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
interesting, is that phycology? is it A-level?
Rachiecakes
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
interesting, is that phycology? is it A-level?
It is Psychology and undergraduate degree
ayyyy.x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
u can say, that anger can be triggered through the way u have been bought up, the ppl around u, and its a emotion/action that sticks to u and it gets worse if not sorted
Rachiecakes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
I think you'll find that anger is an emotion. It may influence behaviour, and often does, but it is not behaviour.
I was meant to type agression. apologies.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rachiecakes)
I am doing a group project and I have been assigned to look at social learning theory and how anger is not part of your personality. Have you got anything i can look at that is NOT Bandura's bobo doll experiment. please and thankyou.
So basically that anger/ aggression is a learned or mimicked behaviour vs a genuine emotion?
I guess you could look at TV or parental behaviour, google things like where does aggression come from, aggression or tantrums as attention seeking behaviours (learned by how people respond to it) etc.

These might help start you off:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...article/204790
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ession-parents
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...59178997000554

You could also look into adult aggression if you think it would be appropriate- rehabilitation, situational aggression, biological factors like testosterone.
You might be able to tie in thing like stats on abused children becoming abusive (which could imply a learned behaviour).

Therapy-like resources on where anger comes from and what it can cause could help too. I think I've been told that anger is a response to stress or frustration and that those feelings can either lead to depression or anger. So following that anger would arguably be a secondary emotion or behavioural response to an emotion rather than an emotion in its own right.
I don't have any sources for that though (sorry).

Good luck. Hope that helped a little even if it was a total mess.
Bham369
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rachiecakes)
Google these:
Brunner et al 1993
Coccaro et al 2007
Gospic et al 2011
Raine et al 1997
Zuckerman 1987
GoldenLotus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there's different types of aggression so look up papers specifically on pre meditated or impulsive aggression and see if you can find any good papers. Try looking up the aqa topic for aggression, I remember learning some papers when doing it then but I no longer have the specific notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (21)
77.78%
No (3)
11.11%
Not sure (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads