The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer

Hey I have received an unconditional offer from the university I want to go to, but do you have to wait till you get all offers back before making it your firm choice.
(edited 6 years ago)
You may as well wait for other offers to weigh up your options; you never know, you might change your mind or want an insurance.
Original post by TiggerTash
or want an insurance.

You neither need nor can have insurance for an unconditional offer.
Original post by A-frances
should I withdraw my application from the other university's or wait for their offers?

While this may be your favourite now, you may change your mind after seeing the others. It makes sense, therefore, to wait until all offers, interviews and open days have played out and to give yourself time to think about it clearly without diving in feet first. There will be no going back once you have withdrawn from the others.
Reply 4
What uni is it, may I ask?
Reply 5
Original post by Texxers
What uni is it, may I ask?

the University of Lincoln
Original post by TiggerTash
As far as I'm aware you could put another university offer (if conditional) as your firm and an unconditional offer as your insurance?

If you had read the OP properly you would have realised we are discussing the situation of firmly accepting an unconditional offer.
Reply 7
Original post by Good bloke
While this may be your favourite now, you may change your mind after seeing the others. It makes sense, therefore, to wait until all offers, interviews and open days have played out and to give yourself time to think about it clearly without diving in feet first. There will be no going back once you have withdrawn from the others.

I have already gone to open days for all the university's I applied for.
Original post by Good bloke
If you had read the OP properly you would have realised we are discussing the situation of firmly accepting an unconditional offer.

I am aware of this, I am merely stating that after getting more offers the situation might change so is best to wait for all offers.
Original post by A-frances
I have already gone to open days for all the university's I applied for.

You have months in which to mull it over. Lots of people are over-hasty and regret their decisions, then come here asking how they can rectify the situation (and they usually can't).
Just wait. Accepting that offer earlier isn't going to do anything extra for you that waiting an extra few months will. Might as well see if the others accept you, people tend to ask later on and it's low-key weird to say you withdraw all the rest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending