The Student Room Group

i worked at Burger King for 1 day and left. i haven't received my money yet?

i got a job at Burger King, and I did 5 Hours. I haven't returned ever since. I haven't recieved my wage? what should / can i do?

Any replys is fine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shahbaaz
i got a job at Burger King, and I did 5 Hours. I haven't returned ever since. I haven't recieved my wage? what should / can i do?

Any replys is fine

Why did you leave after 5 hours?
Was it a trial ir had your employment started?
Have you asked them when you will be paid?
Original post by 999tigger
Why did you leave after 5 hours?
Was it a trial ir had your employment started?
Have you asked them when you will be paid?

my shift finished after 5 hours (10pm) it wasnt a trial, i clocked in and out, i have the receipt which shows how many hours i worked etc, i havent contacted them since my first shift.
was this your official start off day? if so you should be paid for the hours you did even tho you never came back.

Did you clock out or let the manager know your shift was up?
Original post by Blackstarr
was this your official start off day? if so you should be paid for the hours you did even tho you never came back.

Did you clock out or let the manager know your shift was up?

yeah it was ny offical day, i clocked in and out, the manager said its time to go home.
lol wtf
is this a troll?
my shift finished after 5 hours (10pm) it wasnt a trial, i clocked in and out, i have the receipt which shows how many hours i worked etc, i havent contacted them since my first shift.

How long ago was it?
Did you tell them you resigned?
Reply 7

Any replys is fine

Did you tell them you wouldn't be coming back?

When did you work - was it in November, or longer ago?
Original post by Doonesbury
Did you tell them you wouldn't be coming back?

When did you work - was it in November, or longer ago?

16th November 2017, i haven't told them im not coming back but i gave my unifrom back
Reply 9

Any replys is fine

You probably won't be getting any money, and rightly so.
Reply 10
16th November 2017, i haven't told them im not coming back but i gave my unifrom back

You will need to speak to the manager and ask for your money.
Original post by IWMTom

i worked for 5 hours, its something
Original post by IWMTom

Why rightly so?
Original post by Doonesbury
You will need to speak to the manager and ask for your money.

ok thanks
Reply 14
Original post by RuneFreeze
Why rightly so?

The OP has wasted their time - they'll have been trained, only for them to never return. Why should they get any money?
how was working their like on your first day? i know you have not been there long enough to properly know but what are your thoughts?
Original post by IWMTom
The OP has wasted their time - they'll have been trained, only for them to never return. Why should they get any money?

Because they worked a five hour shift.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2014-15/modernslavery.html
yeah it was ny offical day, i clocked in and out, the manager said its time to go home.

Do you get paid weekly or every two weeks? look at the contract you had to sign

regardless anyway you should get paid because on the system you did clock in and out and the manager was aware you had o go home.

Even though you did not turn up for the rest days you did your fair share on the fisrt day of your shift
Reply 18
You've hardly been a model employee. This said you've done the work and are probably entitled to the pay. Contact them and ask them what's the plan.
Reply 19
Original post by RuneFreeze

I'm sure a company as large as Burger King could wiggle out of it. The costs of training the OP will have significantly outweighed the wages for a 5 hour shift.

Regardless, OP cannot simply walk out of a job like this in future; it's incredibly unprofessional.

Quick Reply

Latest