How to get A Grades in Mock Exams?

Watch
Atlas99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have A-Level mock exams in 6 weeks and I want A Grades. Does anyone have any tips/advice on preparation for mocks, revision, when to start revising, how much revision to do every day, etc?

DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should be revising already. If not, start now. I recommend about 3-4 hours per day, more on weekends. Do practice papers, make mind maps and quizzes etc.
Atlas99
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You should be revising already. If not, start now. I recommend about 3-4 hours per day, more on weekends. Do practice papers, make mind maps and quizzes etc.
How much would you recommend on the weekend?
ninja_uchiha
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
cut out all your distractions
Atlas99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Examin3r)
Honestly if you want to get an A* you could find a private tutor, buy 2017 past papers with mark schemes for your subjects (make sure its of the same exam board) and revise from them.
How much revision would you recommend per day?
Atlas99
Rep:
?
(Original post by ninja_uchiha)
cut out all your distractions
All of them? Should I just be revising non stop?
Examin3r
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The amount of hours spent for revision doesn't matter, but how much you actually learn does.
Focus first on topics that you don't understand and then revise for other ones later. I'd say 2 hours per day for revision + homework would be enough. Also, revise whenever you can on weekends I'd say at least 3 hours a day, but If you'd revise too much you could get bored & tired which wouldn't help.
Atlas99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Examin3r)
The amount of hours spent for revision doesn't matter, but how much you actually learn does.
Focus first on topics that you don't understand and then revise for other ones later. I'd say 2 hours per day for revision + homework would be enough. Also, revise whenever you can on weekends I'd say at least 3 hours a day, but If you'd revise too much you could get bored & tired which wouldn't help.
I was planning on doing 2 1/2 Hours Monday-Friday and then 6 hours Saturday & Sunday. Not sure if this is too much?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Atlas99)
How much would you recommend on the weekend?
5-6 hours.
username2975726
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was planning on doing 2 1/2 Hours Monday-Friday and then 6 hours Saturday & Sunday. Not sure if this is too much?
fam it doesn't matter how much time you spend revising it matters whether you understand it. set goals and achieve them regardless of how long they take you.
ninja_uchiha
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All of them? Should I just be revising non stop?
i mean the distractions that make you procrastinate for hours upon end such as youtube, facebook and etc. Leave some time out of each day though to do what you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (67)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.98%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.49%

Watched Threads