Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right my uni sent me a letter saying the 1994 mmr vaccne apparantly didn't include mumps or something? and that we should all have 2 doses of it in our lifetimes. so do i need to go get one from the practise nurse before i go away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    right my uni sent me a letter saying the 1994 mmr vaccne apparantly didn't include mumps or something? and that we should all have 2 doses of it in our lifetimes. so do i need to go get one from the practise nurse before i go away?
    Ask your uni. They're best placed to advise you as to what they expect.

ReputationRep:
    You need to go down to your doctor and check what they have given you. A lot of people our age were given the full MMR first time, and then the MR the second time (The MR was around in 1994....and most people our age had it done that year....however you might be an exception...so just check).....if you've had the MMR and the MR you need to get another full MMR shot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Probably - I recieved a similar letter from my university today but in my case it is the individual's responsibility to ensure they are vacinated before they start their course.

ReputationRep:
    I have had 5 doses of MMR in my lifetime. Go check at the GP. If your at spital surgury the nurse is so nice

ReputationRep:
    i had one (my second dose) on thursday. It hurt like hell, and i went so dizzy they made me stay at the doctors for almost an hour cos i couldn't stand up. so embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    I didn't feel it at all when she did it but I felt woozily afterwards. I still feel generally achey, coughy tired and rotten 4 days after having had it done

ReputationRep:
    blissy you little baby

i didnt really feel it when i had it done and i didnt feel any real symptoms afterwards (only a small rash) AND i gave blood the day before

ReputationRep:
    I had the MMR jab in the first week, I told the nurse I know I was vaccinated when I was little(2 years oldish) but I dont think Ive had it since, she said thats the case with most of the people our age, which is why they want people to go and get there 2nd vaccination, as youre not fully immunised until youve had 2 lots, so I had it done, stung more than any other injection ive had before, but it only lasted a second, so it was cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    blissy you little baby

i didnt really feel it when i had it done and i didnt feel any real symptoms afterwards (only a small rash) AND i gave blood the day before
    Well obviously it affects different people in different ways - like I couldn't feel it, it really hurt some people. Now I feel quite unwell, other people could feel fine.
    When I had it done the nurse said you shouldn't have it done if you have given blood recently. So you're just a fool, boy - not brave

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.