Suspending studies due to health reasons

Watch
SuperGogeta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys. So I've recently had my studies suspended due to health reasons on 31/10/17 and will return in the next academic year.
I received a letter from Student Finance Wales saying that they would award me an extra 60 days discretionary payment. Can anyone please clarify what this means, how much this is and if it is both a grant and maintenance loan payment. I receive the full amount for both of these, thanks.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperGogeta)
Hi guys. So I've recently had my studies suspended due to health reasons on 31/10/17 and will return in the next academic year.
I received a letter from Student Finance Wales saying that they would award me an extra 60 days discretionary payment. Can anyone please clarify what this means, how much this is and if it is both a grant and maintenance loan payment. I receive the full amount for both of these, thanks.
It means they ll let you keep 60 extra days of your loan and grant payment so you shouldn't have to give much back
SuperGogeta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
It means they ll let you keep 60 extra days of your loan and grant payment so you shouldn't have to give much back
So this means that I won't receive a discretionary payment in January but just reduce the amount owed already?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperGogeta)
So this means that I won't receive a discretionary payment in January but just reduce the amount owed already?
Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (403)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (312)
43.64%

Watched Threads