The Student Room Group

In Year 11.... Know 0 French!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abc_123_
Presque! Après mes examens (je ne Pense pas qu’il y ait un mot pour “mocks” en français), je vais apprendre le vocabulaire.

Improvements: the “mes” isn’t because “mocks” is plural.if mocks was masculine singular, you’d use “mon” (e.g. mon Pere), if it wasn’t feminine you’d use “ma” (e.g ma mère)

“Je apprendre” is not conjugated and you can’t Put 2 vowels together. In the present you have the subject (je) and you conjugate the verb (remove “re” add ending) apprendre is an irregular verb present = j’apprend
Or you could say “je vais apprendre” which I think you were trying to say (I’m going to learn)

Hope that helped xx sorry if it was a bit to much info :smile:
Let me know if you need help x

That helped so much! How would you recommend I learn grammar in an effective yet fast manner?

Merci!
Original post by President Hawk
That helped so much! How would you recommend I learn grammar in an effective yet fast manner?

Merci!

Honestly, I’m doing French A Level and I haven’t got round to learning difficult grammar yet I’ve mostly just picked it up :blush:

I’m not really sure how much grammar is in GCSEs, but first make sure you know the basic tenses and how to form them. Some of the errors you made (e.g mixing up “mon” and “mes) i quite a fundamental error (I know that sounds harsh and its not your fault) Xx so I would work on the easy stuff first, adjectival agreements, the “mon/ma/mes , ton/ta/tes , son/sa/ses, Notre/nos, votre/vos, leur/leurs” bitesize or language websites can be good as well?

(When I did GCSE there was barely any grammar and it was pretty easy) x
Reply 22
Maybe ask your teacher for some work which you can revise from or if there is some resources that they can give you and I do French and we do a lot of things like listening activities and reading and writing and maybe watch or listen to the French radio in our spare time and practice speaking with somebody you feel comfortable and confidence with you properly need more time than other people
Original post by abc_123_
Honestly, I’m doing French A Level and I haven’t got round to learning difficult grammar yet I’ve mostly just picked it up :blush:

I’m not really sure how much grammar is in GCSEs, but first make sure you know the basic tenses and how to form them. Some of the errors you made (e.g mixing up “mon” and “mes) i quite a fundamental error (I know that sounds harsh and its not your fault) Xx so I would work on the easy stuff first, adjectival agreements, the “mon/ma/mes , ton/ta/tes , son/sa/ses, Notre/nos, votre/vos, leur/leurs” bitesize or language websites can be good as well?

(When I did GCSE there was barely any grammar and it was pretty easy) x

Thank You! Once my mocks are over in 2 weeks times, I'm gonna graft on French Grammar and vocab! Good luck on your A levels!
Original post by KimNoel
Maybe ask your teacher for some work which you can revise from or if there is some resources that they can give you and I do French and we do a lot of things like listening activities and reading and writing and maybe watch or listen to the French radio in our spare time and practice speaking with somebody you feel comfortable and confidence with you properly need more time than other people

Hey, what are you predicted for your French GCSE? I'm current forecast a grade 4 while the others are all 7/8's... Need something drastic to change this.

Does listening to the French radio really help?
I'll heed that advice on practicing with my friend.

Merci mon/ma ami!
Reply 25
Mime predicted a 3 but I don’t know why because I go to France around 4-6 times a year and oui it does help help out j’adore le français parce que fantastique et cool
Try watching French tv shows with English subtitles for help with speaking and listening skills and for writing do it the other way round watch english tv shows with French subtitles but no volume
Reply 27
Yeah I might good I idea what about for French speaking mock exam I’ve got to prepare for Wednesday
Original post by Anisa100
Try watching French tv shows with English subtitles for help with speaking and listening skills and for writing do it the other way round watch english tv shows with French subtitles but no volume

Will do my friend
If your still around, how did you end up doing?In same situation you where in 3 years ago!!!
Original post by Young_Asian
If your still around, how did you end up doing?In same situation you where in 3 years ago!!!

I'm not the op, but I do study languages and tutor French, so you're welcome to DM me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending