The Student Room Group

The A* idiot

Helooooo,
Welcome to my GYG blog!
I know I'm staring this a bit later than a lot of you guys but thats just because I've not been sure whether or not to do it...
Anyways, my name is Didi (it's actually Cordelia but that's another thing all together!), I'm 14 and I started year 10 at a new college in September this year.
I'm taking 10 subjects for GCSE:
In brackets are my target grades but remember that T.Gs do not actually mean very much and predicted grades are stupid( teachers wish they were that clever but they only really know the formation of rocks and all that jazz).

AQA English Literature (7)
AQA English Language (8)
Edexcel Maths Higher tier (6)
AQA Science route1 (6)
AQA Science route2 (6)
AQA Spanish (8)
AQA French (7)
AQA Physical Education (6)
Textiles (9) - not sure what board
Edexcel Music (8)

I'd love to know what you are taking for GCSE and how you are finding it so far - hard work? Easy? Boring?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I promise I'll be back with more interesting news soon!
Xx

PS: Do you have mocks in year 10 as well as 11? I do :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by didimb12345
Helooooo,
Welcome to my GYG blog!
I know I'm staring this a bit later than a lot of you guys but thats just because I've not been sure whether or not to do it...
Anyways, my name is Didi (it's actually Cordelia but that's another thing all together!), I'm 14 and I started year 10 at a new college in September this year.
I'm taking 10 subjects for GCSE:
In brackets are my target grades but remember that T.Gs do not actually mean very much and predicted grades are stupid( teachers wish they were that clever but they only really know the formation of rocks and all that jazz).

AQA English Literature (7)
AQA English Language (8)
Edexcel Maths Higher tier (6)
AQA Science route1 (6)
AQA Science route2 (6)
AQA Spanish (8)
AQA French (7)
AQA Physical Education (6)
Textiles (9) - not sure what board
Edexcel Music (8)

I'd love to know what you are taking for GCSE and how you are finding it so far - hard work? Easy? Boring?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I promise I'll be back with more interesting news soon!
Xx

PS: Do you have mocks in year 10 as well as 11? I do :smile:

Hi!! I'm doing A-Levels now but I hated GCSEs. It wasn't that the subjects were hard, it's just they were so different. so it was just such a pain going through different subjects. Our school had so many mocks. We had a Jan and June mocks in Yr 10, then Nov, Jan and March mocks in Year 11. I hope your school is less stressful.

Anyways, good luck with your GCSEs!!
Reply 2
Original post by nyxnko_
Hi!! I'm doing A-Levels now but I hated GCSEs. It wasn't that the subjects were hard, it's just they were so different. so it was just such a pain going through different subjects. Our school had so many mocks. We had a Jan and June mocks in Yr 10, then Nov, Jan and March mocks in Year 11. I hope your school is less stressful.

Anyways, good luck with your GCSEs!!

Well nice to know, what are you taking for your a levels?
Reply 3
Original post by didimb12345
Well nice to know, what are you taking for your a levels?

Maths, Further Maths, Chem and Physics
I might drop one next year though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending