This discussion is closed.
300wasps
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've got a few months left before my birthday, but I was just wondering if any of you didn't have an 18th do. And if you didn't, do you feel like you missed out?

My family are starting to talk about it and I don't know how to explain that I don't have anyone to invite. I know that it will disappoint them. So, do you think its worth it to have an 18th inviting people I don't really know and be able to say I had an 18th, or to break the news that i'm a bit of a loser to my family?
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was 14 the last time I did anything for my birthday. I'm now in my mid 20s.

Used to bother me a lot but not anymore.
fcmcmurray
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm 18 next week, and I'm having a family gathering. It's still a party, it's still an opportunity for someone to go overboard with the alcohol and decorations, there will still be bad dancing, but I'm having a lot of family and only one friend coming. To be honest, I'd rather have it this way, with close family around instead of inviting people I'm less and less familiar with just to pad out the guest list.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Didn't do anything for my 18th unfortunately
eggyeol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just went for a meal with a few of my friends for my 18th. I don't regret it, but then again I'm not really that much of a party person either.

If you don't want to have a party, don't. Don't feel obliged just because your family wants you to
Avaia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I went out for a drink with my dad, brother and 1 friend on my 18th xD wasn't exactly what it was all bigged up to be
username1208193
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 300wasps)
I've got a few months left before my birthday, but I was just wondering if any of you didn't have an 18th do. And if you didn't, do you feel like you missed out?

My family are starting to talk about it and I don't know how to explain that I don't have anyone to invite. I know that it will disappoint them. So, do you think its worth it to have an 18th inviting people I don't really know and be able to say I had an 18th, or to break the news that i'm a bit of a loser to my family?
Genuinely just spent my 18th with the family, didn't do anything special at all given that it's inconveniently set during exam season.
marzipan1030
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you don’t have anyone to invite, say to your family that you want to have an intimate family gathering only or you want to keep it simple and go out for a meal or a day out with the family-
King_ajk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my 18ths in a month and i honestly couldnt be bothered, birthdays aint even that special for me honestly.
naomigr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if u not a party person dont try to be a party person for the sake of it, at the end of the day it will only make you stressed and you wont actually enjoy your day.. do something else fun!
tanishnaidu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No idea what I'm gonna do either, my birthday falls right in the middle of my pre-mocks, and I have a 3 hour exam on my birthday, fun!
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not gone anywhere for my birthday since i was like ...10-12 maybe (and that was probably Mc Donalds or something)...i'm 25 now.
As for my 18th i probably did the same thing i did for all the others...stayed inside, played computer games, fapped myself into oblivion and went to sleep.
AnnSwift
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I turned 18 in October, and it it was in middle of my exams. Needless to say, my friends and family couldn't do much. My last year's birthday was amazing, and that meant that I had had high expectation this year, and was kind of disappointed.

I think a birthday should be YOUR day, don't you? Regardless of whether you're turning 18 or 80, you should enjoy yourself. It's your special day. Do something that makes you happy, and if a party with randoms will not make you happy, don't hold one. Happy birthday in advance!
ihatePE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
havent celebrated a birthday since 10? or something like that. My 18th felt no different. it was just another day for me
Miss.Unknow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Went to the cinema with my friends and had a nice dinner...that's all
qasim-96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The last time I celebrated my birthday was when I turned 1. I am now 21.
Texxers
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My 18th is on boxing day... No comment.
kingpin x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tbh for some 18th is such a big deal, another 2 years to go for me, but its up to u, wats wrong with being a 'loner', i mean if u have a reason for it, then tell ur parents, its not like they will force u to invite ppl, its ur day, not theirs. They wouldnt judge u for something like that, celebrating with family is almost as fun as, celebrating with ur mates. All birthdays are special tbh, its just with turning 18, u can drink, vote, etc, if ur from the UK, but Happy Early Birthday xx Enjoy ur day to the fullest
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just did the typical, went out and got sloshed off my face with my mates. That's what I WANTED to do, though - if you don't want to party, don't party. If you don't have any friends, maybe invite your family out for a meal or something. If you wanna celebrate by getting a pizza in and going on a boxset binge, your call.
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

oh god i can relate?? my 18th is coming up and i have no desire to celebrate it but im worried my mum's gonna try and turn it into a big thing; she loves parties.

my 18th is near my exams, so im gonna try using that excuse lmao, it might work. maybe you could use that excuse too? and yeah i feel, last time i tried to have a party, no one wanted to come, so i kinda dropped that idea.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.66%
I don't have everything I need (152)
42.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed