livy500
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I would really like to study Marketing at Sussex however the entry requirements are AAB-ABB and I achieved BBB at A Level does anyone know the chances of me getting a place?
emperorCode
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/
livy500
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you but it says this:

Sorry, we are unable to show your likelihood of receiving an offer, as we canʼt match the info youʼve given to our data.
Weʼve only included universities, colleges, and subject combinations where thereʼs enough data to give you a valid result, but this doesnʼt mean you shouldnʼt apply for this course.Take a look at our search tool to make sure you meet the entry requirements. If you are still unsure, speak to your teacher or adviser for more guidance.
emperorCode
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Then no-one can say.
(For me it doesn't work because I take computer science and not enough people who take computer science for it to work.)
If that's your only choice above your grades but you meet all the other requirements (subject requirements, etc...) then that's fine.
Viserysgoldcrown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's no harm in applying? My course requirements are AAB-ABB and my target grades are BBC, they have given me an offer of BBB if I firm.
KristinaMaria
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sussex are famous for giving lower offers if you firm, I think you’ll be fine with BBB personally but it is done on an individual basis.
unistudent4512
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If they don't let you do your degree straight away they will offer you a foundation year, which from what I heard, it is very helpful. But as the others have said, Sussex is known to let people in with lower grades if you have Sussex as your firm choice.
Oscar1602
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I've taken a gap year and applied this time round (so already have my results). Although I applied for history it was the same entry requirements as Marketing (AAB-ABB), and they offered me a place with my results ABC (BBB equivalent).

Again, I'm assuming it won't be exactly the same because it's a different course, and that I already had my results, but yeah haha
Yourmainmancj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Sussex loves money so they let anyone in, it’s honestly not a good uni, go somewhere else where they will actually teach you properly.
randomgirl7000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yourmainmancj)
Sussex loves money so they let anyone in, it’s honestly not a good uni, go somewhere else where they will actually teach you properly.
Is it true ? So if for example the entry was ABB would Sussex let anyone with BCC or CCC ? Are you a student there ?
Yourmainmancj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by randomgirl7000)
Is it true ? So if for example the entry was ABB would Sussex let anyone with BCC or CCC ? Are you a student there ?
I was a student there yes and I left because it was so bad. And yes they probably would accept those grades in some subjects tbh, all they care about is ££££££
randomgirl7000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thx for sharing this. I still thought that Sussex was one of the best uni in the uk because of its name and location. Plus, they were the 8th best Uni in 2010 or something. And they also good painter universities.( Georgetown, University of Carlifonia, Science PO...)
Yourmainmancj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thx for sharing this. I still thought that Sussex was one of the best uni in the uk because of its name and location. Plus, they were the 8th best Uni in 2010 or something. And they also good painter universities.( Georgetown, University of Carlifonia, Science PO...)
You're right, it was a good university back in the day however it has recently become a joke due to new management, its just a money sucking blackhole now
University of Sussex Official Reps
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yourmainmancj)
I was a student there yes and I left because it was so bad. And yes they probably would accept those grades in some subjects tbh, all they care about is ££££££
Hello, I am a current medical neuroscience student at the University of Sussex, and as far as I am concerned, the university definitely meets, if not exceeds my expectations. The course material is interesting and pretty much always well-delivered, the staff are supportive, and Sussex has definitely helped to both improve my academic skills, as well as boost my employment prospects. Of course, everyone's experience is different, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Hence, as with any university, the reviews will not be 100% positive - you definitely need to look at more than 1 review to get a valid picture. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions, and give you a slightly different perspective on the subject

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
22.86%
Less motivated (108)
77.14%

Watched Threads