The Student Room Group

BMO1 2017 Grade Boundaries

Poll

How do you think the BMO2 grade boundaries will change in relation to last year?

Just a quick thread to gague people's predictions on grade boundaries.
Vote in the poll and leave a short comment,

Discussion about the paper itself should go here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4728232

Personally, I think it might go down by a couple of marks.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm looking at 30/60 ... here's throwing away £20 or whatever the discretionary fee is :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by etothepiiplusone
I'm looking at 30/60 ... here's throwing away £20 or whatever the discretionary fee is :frown:

I know thousands of worse things £20 can be spent on. I personally wouldn't pay to do BMO2. I'll just let it be motivation for next year.
Original post by StayWoke
I know thousands of worse things £20 can be spent on. I personally wouldn't pay to do BMO2. I'll just let it be motivation for next year.

Interesting.

I'm thinking of the £20 as being motivation to not get a fat 0 on the paper tbh :colondollar:
I personally found this paper quite a lot easier than last year's (but then again, I don't know how much of that is down to me improving, or if the paper was actually any easier).

I thought that questions 1, 2 and 3 were all very doable - although I made a very silly mistake on question 1, so that definitely hasn't helped my cause! Hopefully, I'll only drop one or two marks for it.

Considering how I only got 14/60 last year, and am looking at at least mid-twenties this year (potentially even 30 if the markers are feeling generous - I had a reasonable attempt at question 6, I'd say, but definitely didn't give a correct solution). I'd love for the certificate of distinction threshold to come down slightly, but I can see it either staying the same or going up slightly.

My error on question 1 was only minor, and so would hope for 8 or 9; I didn't actually give examples of swimming schedules for question 2, but explained that the individual swimmers would have to vary across the days (hopefully 9 or 10 there); question 3, I proved with trigonometry, so that should get a 10 as well; it would be nice to get 1 or 2 on the last question, but 1 would probably be quite generous.

Since I really just wanted to improve upon last year's performance - aiming for 20 if I could - I'm pretty satisfied with how I've done this year. It would just be really frustrating to have missed the threshold by only a mark or two, because of that silly mistake on question 1.

There's no way I'm getting into BMO2 (Year 12); good luck to anyone sitting it, and I look forward to next year's challenges! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending