How can I break up friends with someone? Watch

s817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I have this friend who I really don't want to be friends with anymore. I've been thinking this for months but I don't know how to do it. Any advice?

I don't want to be their friend anymore because the friend is too clingy, always wants to be around me at uni. Always seems interested in seeing my work. Keeps bothering me when I am working. I can't be dealing with them. I am in my second year and the work has doubled from the first year, i don't have time for their ****.

Another thing is I think that they are gay, they look at me inappropriately and it makes me uncomfortable. They might be interested in me but I am not and also their breath smells really bad. I don't appreciate them breathing all over me every chance they get. It is not cool.

How can I break up friends with this person? I always avoid them every chance I get but they don't seem to get the message. The last time I saw them at uni, they sat by me and said hi. I said hi back reluctantly, they laughed for some reason and I smiled back reluctantly and at the end of the lesson I left the classroom without saying a word to them and went home.

How can I break up friends with them?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do they have other friends?
SWCoffee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe compromise and kindly ask them to give you some personal space.

Clearly this person needs social contact, so asking them to leave you alone may be regarded as unkind. Discuss some limitations.
s817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Do they have other friends?
Yes
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads