The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries for GCSE 9-1 Science?

Hey TSR!

I'm currently in year 11 taking my GCSEs, and I was wondering what the GCSE Grade Boundaries were for science last year? I'm currently doing AQA Science, and I'm doing the new 9-1 system. I think my year is the first batch doing the new Science specification, but I'm not 100% sure. I just wanted to be certain and clear any doubts.

I know the 9-1 syllabus was used in Math last year (where something like 52% was an A?). But I'm not sure if it's been used for any other subjects yet.

The main reason i want to know, is because my school usually makes our mocks and interims quite tough in regards to grade boundaries, where 33/34 would be a level 8. I was just wondering whether the new science grade boundaries would be much lower, and a rough idea of what they'd be for a level 7/8/9, so i can make myself feel a bit better and more confident about my mock results/GCSEs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yep, 2018 is the first sitting for 9-1 GCSE science.

We can't really predict where the grade boundaries will lie until the exams have been sat and even after then, predictions were generally unreliable and guesses tended to be overestimates.

GCSE Science seems to be the most hyped of the 9-1 GCSE after maths so my feeling is that the grade boundaries will be on the low side. This would be consistent with previous reforms and the A-level reform.

Quick Reply

Latest