The Student Room Group

Stop Being a Lazy Lump! Year 10 GYG

Introduction:
Hello everyone! Due to being a professional procrastinator, I have decided to start my own GYG in order to motivate me. I understand that people might believe I should relax while I can in Year 10, however I am determined to work hard for my grades and I believe I can do better. Stay tuned for updates and let's achieve our goals together!

*I had some trouble starting this up. XD At first, I didn't know what GYG so thanks to @laurawatt for telling me and @Lemur14 for answering my questions.
*I'm editing my post to make it more colourful and motivating.
*OMG! I found out how to add advanced features and text colour! I've been wanting to add colour to my text, but I didn't know how!
*A NOTICE! If you are Sherlock Holmes, and you piece together my blog and I seem similar to someone at your school, please don't mention it and keep me from being embarrassed lol.

These are the GCSEs I study:

Spoiler

Mini Biography

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Friday 1/12/17:

It feels better to start my posts on the first day of a month so I'll do that. Plus, yesterday was very eventful. I won't elaborate too much otherwise this post would be too long. XD

Yesterday, I woke up at 3am with my stomach in agony. Next, I went to the toilet and vomited. :frown: This continued until 4:30am... Then, I woke up at half 6 to go to the toilet once again to throw up.

I was determined to go to school, so I went to school and suffered all day. I asked my dad to pick me up after school and so he did. Thanks dad! After arriving home, I immediately got changed and fell asleep. I woke up at 10pm, still feeling sick and vomited again.
(edited 6 years ago)
hey! good luck from a fellow y10, i hope you feel better soon xxx
I hope you feel better soon and good luck! :awesome:
Original post by mez_merising
hey! good luck from a fellow y10, i hope you feel better soon xxx

Thank you! I am glad to meet another Year 10 around here! I am feeling much better!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
I hope you feel better soon and good luck! :awesome:

Thank you! I'm doing great today, but not so my academic side.
Sunday 3/12/17

I wasn't off to a great start today. Firstly, I should start getting my sleeping schedule fixed. Last night, I slept at 2am and woke up at 9am. I spent all night playing games. It could be worse since other days I sleep later and wake up later, but I'm really determined to get it fixed, but I don't know how! I'm more of a night owl rather than an early bird. XD

Right now, I am writing up notes for Macbeth. Does anyone else do Macbeth? One half of the Year 10 is doing Macbeth and the other half is doing Romeo and Juliet. I honestly don't know which one is better because they both sound horrible to me. I mean I'm quite good at English, but on the other hand, I hate English so much as you may have noticed.

It is very gloomy and dark outside, it almost makes me want to sleep again despite waking up like 7 hours ago.
(edited 6 years ago)
Damn you sound just like me, except my parents aren’t pressurising me to do well. Msg me if you wanna hype each other up to stay on track :smile:
Original post by cmckennaa
Damn you sound just like me, except my parents aren’t pressurising me to do well. Msg me if you wanna hype each other up to stay on track :smile:

Hey fellow buddy! Sure! :biggrin:Let's do our best together! What GCSEs do you do?
Triple science, further maths, english, drama technology, german, philosophy and art :smile: my choices are seriously casual but i wish i had done design technology looking back on it now.
Triple science, further maths, english, drama technology, german, philosophy and art :smile: my choices are seriously casual but i wish i had done design technology looking back on it now.

:frown: Is it not too late to change? It's been around 3 months but I've seen some people change at my school. Do you know what to do for the future?
Hey guys! I've decided to create a mini segment where you answer problems, just to keep our brains working!
QoTD:

Spoiler

AoTD:

Spoiler

I love how you're using colour in your blog! It makes it so pretty :love: good luck with your GCSEs, year 10 is a great time to get yourself into gear :h:
Original post by Amefish
I love how you're using colour in your blog! It makes it so pretty :love: good luck with your GCSEs, year 10 is a great time to get yourself into gear :h:

Thank you! I wanted to make my blog more vivid and interactive! Just to keep myself and everyone entertained. How are your studies going?
Good luck!
Original post by MatthewGrimsley
Good luck!

Thank you! ^^ :smile:
Original post by sweetstars
Thank you! I wanted to make my blog more vivid and interactive! Just to keep myself and everyone entertained. How are your studies going?

Quite good thank you! I'm first year undergrad, I've had my ups and downs but generally I feel I'm on target :smile:
Original post by sweetstars
:frown: Is it not too late to change? It's been around 3 months but I've seen some people change at my school. Do you know what to do for the future?

I can’t unfortunately, I would drop german if I could but my school makes it mandatory for us to do one language & it would screw up the timetables :frown:
Original post by Amefish
Quite good thank you! I'm first year undergrad, I've had my ups and downs but generally I feel I'm on target :smile:

Nice! Hope it keeps going on like that! That didn't make much sense... Well my English sometimes goes a bit weird so excuse me. XD
I can’t unfortunately, I would drop german if I could but my school makes it mandatory for us to do one language & it would screw up the timetables :frown:

:frown: :frown: Do you plan to do anything related to Design Tech? I guess you could take it at A-Levels if you want. TBH, I can't do anything creative! I think I'm on the academics side rather than the arts side.

Quick Reply

Latest