Seat 30: TCFactor
Seat 31: CountBrandenburg
Seat 32: _gcx
Seat 33: mrwb9876
Seat 34: Jammy Duel
Seat 35: joecphillips
Seat 36: SuperHuman98

-Saunders
*Goes to set up the voting record* I look forward to starting the new term.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
Rakas21
Confirmed.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
Im planning on something like that once we have debates, but for now it's hard to define what is and isn't a relevant post. Of course we never will be able to really, but when bills start getting posted again I will start producing party activity data based solely on threads with a title matching regex ^[BV][0-9]{3,4} so that it's only bill debate posts that get recorded.
Even that wouldn't be enough given so many members like to state voting intention in debate threads and make no other contributions
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Even that wouldn't be enough given so many members like to state voting intention in debate threads and make no other contributions
That is true. I was thinking of at least partly getting around that by starting post counting from that members second post in the thread, removing one time posters. Still, that favours short and quick posters over long detailed posts. Unfortunately no figure will ever be able to determine how active a party is, but they give us some data to analyse to give us some idea or at least stimulate debate.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
That is true. I was thinking of at least partly getting around that by starting post counting from that members second post in the thread, removing one time posters. Still, that favours short and quick posters over long detailed posts. Unfortunately no figure will ever be able to determine how active a party is, but they give us some data to analyse to give us some idea or at least stimulate debate.
It also doesn't account for members who will make a single significant post only to find 80%+ of house unwilling to participate making it the only post. a better way might be having a minimum character count, for instance if you could tweet it then it doesn't count
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
It also doesn't account for members who will make a single significant post only to find 80%+ of house unwilling to participate making it the only post. a better way might be having a minimum character count, for instance if you could tweet it then it doesn't count
Harder to code, but doable. I'll try to include that data and see how it looks.
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would you like to confirm if a VoNC have been instilled by your leaderships as leaked by an independent members of the house?
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
Would you like to confirm if a VoNC have been instilled by your leaderships as leaked by an independent members of the house?
Yes, a VoNC is taking place in both myself and CatusStarbright over the coming days. I look forward to the opportunity of defending my achievements over the past 6 months. I serve at the pleasure of my membership and I will use this opportunity to consider my future in or outside of the role. More importantly, I would also like to take this opportunity to make my support for my Deputy Leader clear to the house; she does an excellent job in her role and I have thoroughly enjoyed the short amount of time I have spent working with her.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, a VoNC is taking place in both myself and CatusStarbright over the coming days. I look forward to the opportunity of defending my achievements over the past 6 months. I serve at the pleasure of my membership and I will use this opportunity to consider my future in or outside of the role. More importantly, I would also like to take this opportunity to make my support for my Deputy Leader clear to the house; she does an excellent job in her role and I have thoroughly enjoyed the short amount of time I have spent working with her.
I wish you the best of luck, and I echo the comments surrounding CatusStarbright
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:ditto:
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
I wish you the best of luck, and I echo the comments surrounding CatusStarbright
Thank you both. I have also enjoyed working with you Saunders16 and hopefully we may continue to work together after the vote is concluded. I too am embracing the opportunity to defend my position as Deputy Leader, a position which has come under fire since my election.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
While it's nice to get rid of the puppets, the apparently decent Libertarian members who have submitted the motion of no confidence should not forget about the puppeteers.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
While it's nice to get rid of the puppets, the apparently decent Libertarian members who have submitted the motion of no confidence should not forget about the puppeteers.
How ironic that the bitter old man criticises us for our attitude while never using anything but degrading language to refer to us.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could you please explain what you mean by this comment? Also I'd like to say that I hope we can avoid using derogatory language when talking about other parties/members within the House.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Could you please explain what you mean by this comment? Also I'd like to say that I hope we can avoid using derogatory language when talking about other parties/members within the House.
Your leader is a puppet who gets instructions from members that like to cause trouble and would rather commit a kamikaze to enact their personal vendetta against the Conservative party by sabotaging our coalition, because we have refused to work with them (and by extension your entire party, mainly due to them), than spend the term in opposition.

When I talk **** about your party, I always mean these four members. I don't know the rest of you.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your leader is a puppet who gets instructions from members that like to cause trouble and would rather commit a kamikaze to enact their personal vendetta against the Conservative party by sabotaging our coalition, because we have refused to work with them (and by extension your entire party, mainly due to them), than spend the term in opposition.

When I talk **** about your party, I always mean these four members. I don't know the rest of you.
I'm sorry you feel this way. We do have some big personalities within our party, but Saunders16 is his own man and makes his own decisions. The views of our membership is important to him, but ultimately he is in charge as our elected leader.

I would kindly ask you to avoid tarring our whole membership with the same brush. If you wish to insult our members, please do so without insulting the entire party in the process.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

You mean just like how the Tory Party is run by a couple of stubborn old farts like you (and formerly Rakas) who instruct your puppet leaders like CG and formerly Mobbsy to oppose anything new that might possibly invigorate the MHOC in favour of the same stale old formula that is leading this place towards dying?

And then, when anyone in the Tory Party dares to oppose you they end up being forced out - see Jammy, Hazzer, Fleky and others.

There’s an old adage about glass houses and stones.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Connor27)
You mean just like how the Tory Party is run by a couple of stubborn old farts like you (and formerly Rakas) who instruct your puppet leaders like CG and formerly Mobbsy to oppose anything new that might possibly invigorate the MHOC in favour of the same stale old formula that is leading this place towards dying?

And then, when anyone in the Tory Party dares to oppose you they end up being forced out - see Jammy, Hazzer, Fleky and others.

There’s an old adage about glass houses and stones.
I think it's safe to say that your little unsuccessful trio are the reason for why this house is struggling.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:catfight:
Thrillanthropist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That is Pot Calling Kettle Black on so many levels

That does not, in any way, shape or form, justify sweeping over-generalisation. There is a lot more to this party than those 4 members: if this were UKIP obviously things would be different. Regardless, Saunders is a great leader and has worked hard for the party's interests. As a leader, he had many difficult decisions to make, and though there was some influence from the Three Amigos, he was by no means a puppet and did make conscious decisions all on his own.

You admit to not knowing the rest of the party. Therefore, you do not know and aren't aware some other factors within the party. So why don't you deal with your own party's issues instead of attacking this one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed