Tips and advice for A’s at AS?

Watch this thread
Kleigh01
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m currently in year 12 doing AS History, Sociology and Religious Studies. My goal is to achieve all A’s in my AS exams, do you have any tips or advice on how I could achieve these grades?, for example revision techniques etc.
dandiprat
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kleigh01)
I’m currently in year 12 doing AS History, Sociology and Religious Studies. My goal is to achieve all A’s in my AS exams, do you have any tips or advice on how I could achieve these grades?, for example revision techniques etc.
While I didn’t achieve As for everything, because my insomnia was bad for my exams, I know that the techniques I used at AS last time were used by plenty of people who did.

Essentially, past papers. All of them. If you do that, you will likely cross most of the questions you will get yourself, and you will be so used to including certain details it will be like second nature regurgitating them. Use the syllabuses and your notes to perfect your answers afterwards and ask a teacher for their comments too. Most should want to help you, because they want you to achieve As.

I also produce huge master sheets of concise sentences, highlighting major points of interest, that I can recall easily and can use to prompt my memory for higher level points.

Those are my chosen methods, but there are plenty more here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...-of-a-students

Not just A study habits, but A* study habits.
Kleigh01
Rep:
Thank you!, I’ll definitely use these tips
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kleigh01)
I got an A in AS Religious Studies last year and there are a few things I did. Flash cards were helpful in remembering key facts about theories or theodicies and they can be reused over and over once they're made.

Past papers are good but they can be quite hard to mark yourself and it may take your teacher a little time to mark them but it's worth it. They can word questions very weirdly (one on my exam last year was "Nirvana cannot be expressed in human language" Assess this claim.) so practice is really helpful.

Mindmaps are great for this as it's a very content heavy subject and they really help you cut down the waffle to just the key points. It also lets you put your ideas onto paper and it's good for quick revision whenever you need.

I did AQA Religious Studies and I have some revision notes scanned into my computer if you want me to send you a link!
Kleigh01
Rep:
(Original post by yeahthatonethere)
I got an A in AS Religious Studies last year and there are a few things I did. Flash cards were helpful in remembering key facts about theories or theodicies and they can be reused over and over once they're made.

Past papers are good but they can be quite hard to mark yourself and it may take your teacher a little time to mark them but it's worth it. They can word questions very weirdly (one on my exam last year was "Nirvana cannot be expressed in human language" Assess this claim.) so practice is really helpful.

Mindmaps are great for this as it's a very content heavy subject and they really help you cut down the waffle to just the key points. It also lets you put your ideas onto paper and it's good for quick revision whenever you need.

I did AQA Religious Studies and I have some revision notes scanned into my computer if you want me to send you a link!
I’m doing the wjec paper, it’s a fairly new paper, thanks for the tips I’ll definitely use them. I’ve been making flash cards on everything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (190)
42.13%
The paper was reasonable (199)
44.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.65%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
5.1%

Watched Threads