The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nah you just get a supervisor to say 'yeh' or nod their head to authorise it
seen, morrisons pay is around £4.17, goes up after 13 weeks, is this right i thought it was like £5.30ish
ah right i like it
Reply 43
Im on £4.88 :tongue: and it goes up to £5.11 around april. YAY!!!
Im 16 and at sainsburys and on checkouts mostly, but go onto fresh occasionly.
th_26
nah you just get a supervisor to say 'yeh' or nod their head to authorise it

Do your supervisors have head sets so they can just look up and say yes or do u have to wave to get their attention?
Reply 45
davireland
Do your supervisors have head sets so they can just look up and say yes or do u have to wave to get their attention?

Ours have just got the headset fixed. We had to shout at them before :eek:
Reply 46
th_26
Sainsburys are usually quite good with students at uni
You can move to other stores and change hours quite easily to accomodate your study and theres differnet contracts to suit your needs. But sometimes out of experience they can be quite picky about hours and try to persuade you to work hours that suit them obviously to accommodate business needs, but most of the time their fine about it. You get quite a bit of holiday which is on a 'use it or lose it' basis, you just tick the boxes you want off and the manager authourises it, but try to get the forms in asap so that they dont say no to your request.
Hope this helps, any other q's just ask :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 47
Yeh our supervisors have the headsets although some of the supervisors dont wear them or dont have them switched on or have the headset plugged into their store portable phone which is quite irritating when they buggar off to customer services and im just standing there staring at them waiting for one to turn around, with a long cue at my till. But sometimes i just get another checkout assistant thats over 18 to authorise it if someones near me.
Remember the days of the flashing poles with the till number on them to get a supervisor? lol
instead of the flashing poles, we now have a delightful lady with a middle class accent telling you where you need to go in one of your ears.
Reply 49
Yeah if I ever press the supervisor button for one of them to come they hardly ever do I usually end up having to yell their name across the shop if theyre in sight or run and get them myself if they arent even in sight and theres no other workers not on a till around to do it for me.. thats a pain though as I have to lock the till and explain to the customer that things will be quicker if I run and get someone lol. If I didnt on those occasions id be waiting forever with a queue hoping someone would come eventually.

Our shop isnt like a big supermarket though.. it is a supermarket, not one of the convenience stores but its a very small one. We have about 20 small checkouts with two side by side.
If you did that at the store where i work, you would be shot. If a cashier leaves their till for whatever reason, they get told off.
Reply 51
We only have 16 checkouts lol :frown:
I went to petrol for the first time today!!
Reply 52
I sometimes leave my till when i have to do a flight, because im sometimes on a till that hasnt had a tube fitted yet and have to get out and put the pod up another tube on another checkout, dont really get in trouble for it, just put the grablock on but dont actually lock it. I always get well worried when i do my flight, heard not very nice stories from ppl lol
Reply 53
We have 18 tills (including the kiosk tills)

We're not allowed to leave our tills.... i was told off once.... for getting a pack of batteries.... on the display next to my till.... lol!
i liiike it, i had my induction 2day at morrisons, im 17 getting 5.52 an hour, and time and a half on Sundays (8.22 per hour),

i still dont get what to do on grocery though lol
Reply 55
Nooo! Go to sainsburys! haha

we have 19 tills if I count the kiosk and the CSD...

I'm doing some stupid overtime tomorrow... eurgh!
Reply 56
Im on payed holiday next week! And im on holiday!!

Im too young to work sundays as im still in school :tongue:
Reply 57
I'm on paid holiday next friday and saturday :biggrin: (my usual two shifts)
but I need to go in sunday as I was "sick" the other Friday.. (need to make my money up)

And most of the people who work on sundays are at school... how come you cant?
Reply 58
Jhawkins
I'm on paid holiday next friday and saturday :biggrin: (my usual two shifts)
but I need to go in sunday as I was "sick" the other Friday.. (need to make my money up)

And most of the people who work on sundays are at school... how come you cant?

Its against the councils rules!! Are you sure they aren't in college?
School students are also limited to 12 hours a week.
Reply 59
surreylad
Its against the councils rules!! Are you sure they aren't in college?
School students are also limited to 12 hours a week.

No cos they go to my school :P

And students can do as many hours as they want at my place... but 12 is the minimum!

Latest

Trending

Trending