Why does she wait so long to reply? I know she’s on her phone

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Canadaboy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This girl and I have been texting over snapchat for a while now and we are really hitting it off. She seems interested and we always find new things to talk about and she always replies with long well thought out answers/ questions. So why is it she waits sometimes up too 10 minutes to open and reply??

I know she is on Snapchat the whole time cause her snap map (not to creepy I hope) says she is just on, so why is she waiting to open and respond? Is it her trying to not come across as desperate?
Simbaneli
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Girls tend to hold back from guys to analyse the full situation, which is normal if their past experiences with boys have been bad. As you said, you guys seem to be vibin well, just dont mess it up by bringing it up and stuff, unless it gets too much. And you as a guy should also give space so you dont come across as clingy. i hope this helps.
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by Simbaneli)
Girls tend to hold back from guys to analyse the full situation, which is normal if their past experiences with boys have been bad. As you said, you guys seem to be vibin well, just dont mess it up by bringing it up and stuff, unless it gets too much. And you as a guy should also give space so you dont come across as clingy. i hope this helps.
Yeah I’m trying not to mention it and I’m trying to wait as long as she is between opening
Simbaneli
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i feel your pain brother, most girls are like this. Girls dont like to get hurt so they do this. In a way you should be happy she's doin this bcoz it shows she's not easy, unless you want a girl thats easy. If you two hvnt known each other for long then this is totally normal. Just be patient
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
10 minutes isn't long.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Volibear)
Christ in the old days when people weren't obsessively checking their phones and social media, this wasn't a problem. 10 minutes isn't long. Go and find something more useful to do with all that time you spend 'waiting'.
Ah, the old days when 10 minutes was quick for a reply...
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
How about you stop being needy then?

If you can't wait 10 minutes for a reply then you have long way to go.
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Mind games.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
Don’t worry about it, she probably wants to think of what to say to make the right impression. For example, I’m texting a boy now and I will sit there thinking of the possible things he has said based on my last message before I open it. I do this because I’m a very awkward person and I like him so I want to say the right things. 10 minutes isn’t long, I do know though it can seem like forever when you’re waiting for a reply. As I said, don’t worry and I wouldn’t mention it to her if I was you.
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by Simbaneli)
i feel your pain brother, most girls are like this. Girls dont like to get hurt so they do this. In a way you should be happy she's doin this bcoz it shows she's not easy, unless you want a girl thats easy. If you two haven't known each other for long then this is totally normal. Just be patient
Yeah we haven't known each other very long, I'm just trying to do my best to deal with it lol.
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
10 minutes isn't long.
Yes, I know that lol. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just wondering why when she is on her phone, in snapchat, that she isn't replying sooner.
sagqueen2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Canadaboy)
This girl and I have been texting over snapchat for a while now and we are really hitting it off. She seems interested and we always find new things to talk about and she always replies with long well thought out answers/ questions. So why is it she waits sometimes up too 10 minutes to open and reply??

I know she is on Snapchat the whole time cause her snap map (not to creepy I hope) says she is just on, so why is she waiting to open and respond? Is it her trying to not come across as desperate?
Well maybe she is talking to other people at the same time and being a girl I know it’s normal don’t worry 😂
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by Volibear)
Christ in the old days when people weren't obsessively checking their phones and social media, this wasn't a problem. 10 minutes isn't long. Go and find something more useful to do with all that time you spend 'waiting'.
I know that 10 minutes isn't long lol, but when it's 12:00 am, I can't imagine she would be doing anything else, so I am only wondering why she might be waiting so long to open and reply.
T0mas
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I bet she is texting with her friends or mother to get an answer for you
sagqueen2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T0mas)
Ok I’m not gonna lie that that is absolutely true😂😂😂
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by UWS)
How about you stop being needy then?

If you can't wait 10 minutes for a reply then you have long way to go.
Lol I'm not being needy chill man. I was simply wondering why she could be taking so long, I don't really have a problem with it.
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
Don’t worry about it, she probably wants to think of what to say to make the right impression. For example, I’m texting a boy now and I will sit there thinking of the possible things he has said based on my last message before I open it. I do this because I’m a very awkward person and I like him so I want to say the right things. 10 minutes isn’t long, I do know though it can seem like forever when you’re waiting for a reply. As I said, don’t worry and I wouldn’t mention it to her if I was you.
Thank you! You are one of the few replies that were actually helpful and insightful! Yeah I definetlywon't mention it, I'm taking it as it is lol,
Canadaboy
Rep:
(Original post by T0mas)
😂😂😂 Although she hasn't even opened my snap so she wouldn't know what I was about to say
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Canadaboy)
Lol I'm not being needy chill man. I was simply wondering why she could be taking so long, I don't really have a problem with it.
If you are actually counting up to 10 minutes while waiting for a reply then in my books that is needy.

It's not long at all. Some girls won't even reply for a few hours so be happy she replies quickly.
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
its not that deep b, maybe she has other ppl who are worth her time, and responding to u might be some last minute thing, u cant just sit there and wait for her to reply, dont u have any other person to chat to? u arent the only person she has on snap, so try speaking to others, instead of waiting for this girl, and like UWS said u sound needy and desperate for a answer from her, if it was one week then its understandable, but dude its only 10 MINUTES, get a grip seriously, the amount of times i ghosted guys for complaining, me not messaging them. Not the end of the world cuz xx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (30)
9.9%
Okay (91)
30.03%
A bit lacking (110)
36.3%
Not good at all (72)
23.76%

Watched Threads