The Student Room Group

AS continuous assessments/class tests

so I have class tests this week for my AS subjects and I'm kinda worried, I know they're just to help teachers know your level of understanding of the content that has been taught but I don't start revising for the official external exams in May/June until January or February and I've been so busy with coursework I haven't had the chance to revise for my class tests so I don't think I'm going to do too Well!

this kinda worries me because my teachers might think I'm really dumb and don't listen if I get like 2% in each test. does it matter if I do badly in these tests?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I get where you are coming from, but the truth is that you should be revising constantly after every lesson (very few people actually do that). Mocks need to be treated as if they were real exams so that you can see what grade you could possibly get - if you don't revise for them and do badly, it doesn't reflect anything and even though you might think that you're doing well nonetheless, you might not be doing as well as you think.
Original post by taliakx
I get where you are coming from, but the truth is that you should be revising constantly after every lesson (very few people actually do that). Mocks need to be treated as if they were real exams so that you can see what grade you could possibly get - if you don't revise for them and do badly, it doesn't reflect anything and even though you might think that you're doing well nonetheless, you might not be doing as well as you think.

so like I won't get Into trouble or anything for doing badly In them? yeah I just don't revise until at least the end of January that is before the may/June i sit my real exams. I just feel that class tests add more to my stress levels because teachers make them look important when they're really not, but I know they are needed to assess progress
Reply 3
It depends, you’d have to ask the head of your sixth form or one of your teachers. At our school, if we perform badly our free periods are taken away for the purpose of doing extra work in subjects we did badly in during mocks

Quick Reply

Latest