Want more information about this university?

How many words should an introduction be in a 2500 word essay

Watch
prussiaiscountry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok so I have to write a 2,500-word essay but I feel like my introduction is too long? What's the maximum length (on average) it should be given the circumstances?
Shaunie3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would suggest writing the body of your essay first and do your introduction last. The body of your essay is what you are going to mention in your introduction. That way you would be able to know how much you would need to write for it.

But if you want an average number of words, I would say about 300 words? Don't waffle too much in your introduction.
chuckymeg
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
I always choose to use 10 percent of my word count for my introduction, and a further 10 percent for my conclusion.
Pro11pse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
250-300 words should be enough. But, frankly speaking, writing a good essay is not an easy task and there are a lot of factors that you should take into account. I would suggest searching on google about how to write a good essay. However, if you don't like your essay, and you think that it's not good enough, you can always use a writing service like https://paperwriter.com/ , for example. These guys can write a perfect essay for a little sum of money. I tried it myself and I was really satisfied with their job.
Last edited by Pro11pse; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.64%
I'm not sure (5)
2.82%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (58)
32.77%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.69%
I'm not a current university student (78)
44.07%

Watched Threads