The Student Room Group

Transferring to Bath, good Uni

is it a good idea to transfer university after doing your first year at uni ? I am hoping to transfer to Bath University for Management. I have top grades for ALevels - AAA and currently aiming towards first class with my management degree. I feel like my current uni is an average uni but i have good grades so id like to transfer to a better uni. I feel like my current uni is isolated and I wanna be in a social uni. Has anyone experience bath university if so i would appreciate it if u could tell me your experience in bath.
Original post by kentmdm
is it a good idea to transfer university after doing your first year at uni ? I am hoping to transfer to Bath University for Management. I have top grades for ALevels - AAA and currently aiming towards first class with my management degree. I feel like my current uni is an average uni but i have good grades so id like to transfer to a better uni. I feel like my current uni is isolated and I wanna be in a social uni. Has anyone experience bath university if so i would appreciate it if u could tell me your experience in bath.

Hey!

I am in my second year studying Management at Bath and I love it here!

As a campus university, Bath has a real community feel and everyone I’ve met has been really friendly and sociable.

Considering it is a fairly small city, there is quite a lot going on. The nightlife is great because everyone goes to certain clubs on certain nights so you always bump into people you know. There’s music for everyone and Bristol is only 20 minutes on the train if you’re up for a big night out sometimes there are trips to Bristol arranged by the uni.

If you’re into sport, that is definitely a great way to get involved every Wednesday there are matches and socials which might be a good way to meet people. Personally, I am not part of a sports team and still have a great time so if you’re not into sport don’t worry. Also, you don’t have to be a first year to join societies so you can always take up something new!

On the Management course, there is quite a bit of group work which is how I made a lot of friends on the course.

I don’t know what it is like at your current university, but at Bath most Management students will be on placement next year (although you can study Management without a placement). We get lots of help with applications and the uni have lots of contacts with very well-known companies so if the placement is something you’re considering, I would definitely rate Bath.

If you have any more questions, just quote me! J

Alice
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes - much better to spend four years getting a degree from a good university than three getting one from a dud university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending