stefbear
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
3/12/2017

Hello!

I really should have named this "Steph (occasionally) Studies" because I'm really not that good at staying motivated. However, this might encourage me to revise.

A little bit about me - My name is Steph, I'm 15, Scottish, and I'm doing my National 5s this year. I love reading and music. I play the violin and the ukulele.

This blog will be about how my studies are going, life in general and may (definitely) have a few puns .

So, at the moment, I'm doing my prelims. In fact, I had my first one on Friday, and I've got one every day next week .

Subjects I'm doing this year and my target grades:
Spoiler:
Show

Maths: B
English: B
French: A
German: A
Biology: B
Geography: A
Music: A
Computing Science: A

nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stefbear)
3/12/2017

Hello!

I really should have named this "Steph (occasionally) Studies" because I'm really not that good at staying motivated. However, this might encourage me to revise.

A little bit about me - My name is Steph, I'm 15, Scottish, and I'm doing my National 5s this year. I love reading and music. I play the violin and the ukulele.

This blog will be about how my studies are going, life in general and may (definitely) have a few puns .

So, at the moment, I'm doing my prelims. In fact, I had my first one on Friday, and I've got one every day next week .

Spoiler:
Show

Good luck!!
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck!!
Thank you!
Danni.mcm
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah good luck Steph
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by Danni.mcm)
Yeah good luck Steph
Thank you
username2441075
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
3/12/2017

Hello!

Spoiler:
Show

Hey, good luck! Seeing As and Bs makes me wanna cry, I hate the new 9-1 grades over at England!
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by sweetstars)
Hey, good luck! Seeing As and Bs makes me wanna cry, I hate the new 9-1 grades over at England!
Thank you! I've heard about the new 9-1 grades and they confuse me, I've got no idea why they changed it.
username2441075
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! I've heard about the new 9-1 grades and they confuse me, I've got no idea why they changed it.
Yeah, they want us to fail and end up in the dumps. I have a GYG too to hopefully prevent that from happening lol.
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by sweetstars)
Yeah, they want us to fail and end up in the dumps. I have a GYG too to hopefully prevent that from happening lol.
aw I'll check out your GYG, maybe we can try and get through exams together aha.
stefbear
Rep:
4/12/17

Hi guys!

So far I've done my computing prelim and my English prelims, and they've gone pretty well I think! I found writing the essay for English quite challenging, but I think I've done ok. I have geography tomorrow (ehhhh), music on Wednesday (all good), maths on Thursday (definitely gonna fail ahhh) and biology on Friday (hopefully ok).

I'm currently procrastinating revising for geography, oops. Is anyone good at maths so I don't fail on Thursday? :/
stefbear
Rep:
5/12/17

Hi!

I did my geography prelim today...and I don't think it went very well. I managed to run out of time despite it being 2 hours and 20 mins, so not all of the questions were fully answered, and I just generally couldn't remember much. I think I've just about managed to pass though.

My music listening prelim is tomorrow, I'm pretty confident with it so it should be ok. I'm really worried for my maths prelim - it just isn't my strong point

Anyway, this is just a quick update. See you tomorrow!
stefbear
Rep:
12/12/17

Hello!

Sorry for not posting for a week - I started focusing on my prelims. I think I've done well in music, maths went much better than expected (!) and biology was tiring due to having the first 2 lines of "Ding Dong Merrily on High" in my head for 2 hours .

Now, I only have my French prelim on Friday and then I have nothing until German in January. Woo!

So far, I've only had the results for my computing science prelim back. I got 87% which I think is an A?

My weekend was pretty fun. I met up with my friend I rarely get to see and we went Christmas shopping before she stayed for a sleepover. However, I'll need to go back into town this weekend as I still have lots of presents to get. Also, a boy asked me out (lmao a once in a lifetime thing) but I rejected him because I only like him as a friend .

I hope everyone had a good weekend too .
stefbear
Rep:
Hiya!

Really sorry for not updating for ages but I've been really busy with Christmas and life in general. However, I've finally got all of my prelim results apart from German, which I haven't done yet.

English - 75% (A)
Maths - 60% (B)
Computing - 87% (A)
Geography - 69% (B)
Music - 80% (A)
Biology - 81% (A)
French - 81% (A)

So overall, I got 5 As and 2 Bs which I'm pretty happy with. Maths isn't my best subject and I was literally 1 mark off an A in Geography.

Hope everyone elses exams went/will go well!

EDIT: My teacher found an extra mark in my geography paper so now I have 6 As and a B!
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hiya!

Really sorry for not updating for ages but I've been really busy with Christmas and life in general. However, I've finally got all of my prelim results apart from German, which I haven't done yet.

English - 75% (A)
Maths - 60% (B)
Computing - 87% (A)
Geography - 69% (B)
Music - 80% (A)
Biology - 81% (A)
French - 81% (A)

So overall, I got 5 As and 2 Bs which I'm pretty happy with. Maths isn't my best subject and I was literally 1 mark off an A in Geography.

Hope everyone elses exams went/will go well!
:woo: nice!!
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by nyxnko_)
:woo: nice!!
Thank you!
stefbear
Rep:
Hello

I've finally found out the date for my German prelim - February 1. I'm quite confident as I'd say languages are my strong point. However, I find French easier.

We were going over the Geography prelim and I managed to find an extra mark which brought me up to an A. Woo!

Apparently I might have my music practical exam next month I'm really worried about it.

I should practice violin and uke so I don't fail aha, see you next time!
stefbear
Rep:
Hi everyone

I know I disappeared off the face of the planet again. Sorry about that. School got really busy:

I did my German prelim and it went really well! I got 84%. I've also done my French and German speaking exams, both of which I think went well. I'm pretty sure I want to study languages at uni at this point.

I also did my music practical exam. My instruments were violin and ukulele. Personally, I felt that my ukulele was good and my violin was okay, but the examiner didn't seem very happy. :/

I've done all my assignments too. Most of them were okay except for my computing assignment. I found it really stressful since I couldn't seem to get the programming section to work. You have no idea how happy I was when I finally made it work!

The Easter Holidays have just started so I'm going to start revising for my exams in May now. I'm going to try my hardest to update everyone on how much revision I'm doing (loads obviously...heh) so there should be more frequent updates from now on.

I hope everyone's studying is going well! Bye for now.
username3779536
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It's good to see another GYG thread from a N5 Student like myself, I'll be keeping an eye on this Congrats on the Prelim results.
stefbear
Rep:
(Original post by WestDragon)
It's good to see another GYG thread from a N5 Student like myself, I'll be keeping an eye on this Congrats on the Prelim results.
Thank you! There aren't many nat 5 threads so I'm going to try and keep this one updated (it's not gone well so far but I promise I will actually update more regularly!)
stefbear
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey!!

This is just a quick post to update everyone on my results! I know I was absolutely awful and completely stopped updating but maybe I'll try again whilst doing my highers. I'll see how things go.

Anyway, I managed to get 8 A's at National 5 and I'm extremely proud of myself! I worked really hard for it so I'm glad it's been worth it.

How did everyone else get on with their exams?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads