Should I tell someone

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A close friend has been dealing with depression and anxiety since a really young age and has been awl harming for years. She recently told me that she’s suicidal and I have so many messages from her saying that she just wants it over. I know that I should tell someone but I’m not sure who or how to even broach the topic. I know that I’m the only person she’s told and although part of me doesn’t want to betray her trust, I know I have to tell someone I’m a position of authority about it. Any help and advice would be so greatly appreciated. It’s got to the point where it’s beginning to really affect me as well and I know I’d never forgive myself if anything happened and I hadn’t spoken to someone.
Liamw1998
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Although it is very hard decision to make ale I think i ally think you should just tell her parents.

(Original post by Anonymous)
A close friend has been dealing with depression and anxiety since a really young age and has been awl harming for years. She recently told me that she’s suicidal and I have so many messages from her saying that she just wants it over. I know that I should tell someone but I’m not sure who or how to even broach the topic. I know that I’m the only person she’s told and although part of me doesn’t want to betray her trust, I know I have to tell someone I’m a position of authority about it. Any help and advice would be so greatly appreciated. It’s got to the point where it’s beginning to really affect me as well and I know I’d never forgive myself if anything happened and I hadn’t spoken to someone.
Ellasimpson_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could tell the charity Samaritans. It isnt your responsibility to deal with your friend’s suicidal thoughts and it is important that you tell somebody so she can be helped
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you at school? Going to a teacher may be a good idea if so.

If not, encourage them to seek help through their GP or samaritans.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Are you at school? Going to a teacher may be a good idea if so.

If not, encourage them to seek help through their GP or samaritans.
She’s already seeing a psychiatrist but says she hasn’t told them and that she won’t because she doesn’t want her parents to know, she’s under 18 so they’d have to be told apparently
username3529236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ALthough it may seem like the hardest thing, tell someone who can help her- a teacher or her parents.
Yes, she may be annoyed initally when she finds out, but if you think about ; you may well be saving her life in the long run, something I can whole heartedly say she will be extremely grateful for.
If you don't want to have the conversation in person, I'm sure it could be difficult, leave a note or an email for a teacher. Make sure to tell someone that you trust, especially if, as you said, it's affecting you now as well.
Best of luck, and keep on being a great friend x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.92%
I don't have everything I need (193)
43.08%

Watched Threads