The Student Room Group

Which Uni is better for International Relations? (KCL or LSE)

In terms of reputation, which Master's course would be 'better'? I like the two universities pretty equally, and the modules taught at both are incredibly interesting, so it really comes down to reputation at this point.

MSc History of International Relations at LSE

OR

MA International Relations at KCL
(edited 6 years ago)
They're both much of a muchness in terms of reputation, which shouldn't really be a primary concern anyway. It actually comes down to course content - History of International Relations and International Relations are going to be different courses.
Cheers, the way I typed it was confusing!
Reply 3
Original post by worldender
Cheers, the way I typed it was confusing!

The LSE course balances history of IR and contemporary IR pretty well. It covers the 20th and 21st Century. The KCL programme also covers 20th Century so the 'history of' part isn't really too much of a difference.

So do you reckon that in terms of working in political risk or foreign policy think tanks, they're pretty similar?
(edited 6 years ago)
LSE
Original post by GovernmentEarner
LSE

Why?

Original post by WhichUni123
The LSE course balances history of IR and contemporary IR pretty well. It covers the 20th and 21st Century. The KCL programme also covers 20th Century so the 'history of' part isn't really too much of a difference.

So do you reckon that in terms of working in political risk or foreign policy think tanks, they're pretty similar?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending