The Student Room Group

Equation of tangent to circle- HELP URGENTLY NEEDED

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why don't u just put the answer down mate
0 Report postHow would you answer this question?A is the centre of circle C, with equation x^2- 8x y^2 10y 1=0P, Q and R are points on the circle and the lines L1, L2 and L3 are tangents to the circle at these points respectively. Line L2 intersects line L1 at B and line L3 at D.a) Find the centre and radius of C. (3 marks)b) Given that the x-coordinate of Q is 10 and that the gradient of AQ is positive,find the y-coordinate of Q, explaining your solution. (4 marks)c) Find the equation of l2, giving your answer in the form y = mx b. (4 marks)d) Given that APBQ is a square, find the equation of L1 in the form y = mx b. (4 marks)L1 intercepts the y-axis at E.e) Find the area of triangle EPA. (4 marks)
Reply 22
what would be the final answer then, i get 11.3 but i dont know how to get the other value
Original post by I-ZAAA
what would be the final answer then, i get 11.3 but i dont know how to get the other value

you should have a quadratic
Reply 24
Isnt C for the discriminant should be 12? Because 16-4 is 12
Original post by Ramory

could be, i didnt check if it was correct, I just rearranged it for him
what do u mean by factoring out x
Hi,What do you mean by factoring out x. And could type up or insert a worked solution.Thanks
So what actually is the answer? I've done all the steps but I don't even know at this point if it was right..
Original post by Ramory

I had that it was 16 because it was 20-4 so I think it is right
hero.
Original post by Yoshi123
hero.

good lucks for next year, hopefully edexcel dont screw you like they screwed me
Reply 32
Hi, It says to leave your answer in surd form... but I got decimals?
Reply 33
How did u find out the gradient of tangent is 0.5? Could you please explain?
I got the answer as m = (9+ or -2√29)/10
(edited 1 year ago)
Do u know where they get them from?

Quick Reply

Latest