The Student Room Group

Applying during a course that starts in January

Hello!
My question is quite a long one.
I have been studying adult nursing for a year and I was unaware that I could apply for Student Finance as I have previously done another degree. I found out that I can and I am planning to move houses so I would need some financial help so I was delighted that I could apply for SF.
I know it is quite late, but the second year of my course begins in January as I began in Feb this year. I went on the application and I only have the option to pick Sept 17, Feb 18 and March 18 for my current course in 'courses and fees'. I also tried entering it in a course I am currently studying in 'previous study' but it would not allow me to enter the end date.
I was wondering if you could advise me on what is best to do.
I am currently studying at UWE.

Thanks!
Rach
Original post by rh846
Hello!
My question is quite a long one.
I have been studying adult nursing for a year and I was unaware that I could apply for Student Finance as I have previously done another degree. I found out that I can and I am planning to move houses so I would need some financial help so I was delighted that I could apply for SF.
I know it is quite late, but the second year of my course begins in January as I began in Feb this year. I went on the application and I only have the option to pick Sept 17, Feb 18 and March 18 for my current course in 'courses and fees'. I also tried entering it in a course I am currently studying in 'previous study' but it would not allow me to enter the end date.
I was wondering if you could advise me on what is best to do.
I am currently studying at UWE.

Thanks!
Rach

Hi rh846,

What year of the course are you applying for? when did the course start?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Hello!

I am applying for Jan 2018, my course started Feb 2017

Thanks
Original post by rh846
Hello!

I am applying for Jan 2018, my course started Feb 2017

Thanks

Hi rh846,

Are you applying for the 2nd year of the course? have you already applied for the 1st year?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi rh846,

Are you applying for the 2nd year of the course? have you already applied for the 1st year?

Thanks

Catherine

No I didn't apply for 1st year as I wasn't aware I could have SF after a previous degree (but I've found out I can) and yes I want to apply for 2nd year that begins in January.

Rach
Original post by rh846
No I didn't apply for 1st year as I wasn't aware I could have SF after a previous degree (but I've found out I can) and yes I want to apply for 2nd year that begins in January.

Rach

Hi rh846,

When you're applying online you will need to apply as a new student as this is the 1st time you are applying for the new course or complete paper application (link below).

http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

Thanks

Catherine
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending