Does a 5ft5 guy have a chance of getting a girl?

Watch
coonboy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My confidence isn’t low but I’d like to know if there are any girls who have gone out with a boy my height. Also taking into account that I’m 16 years old.
i_solemnly_swear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes. i'd have you (but tbh i'd have anyone)
have
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzb3TcC6zkM

Spoiler:
Show

>My confidence isn't low
>I need to go on a student forums to seek validation of my potential relationship viability
pick one
Aglaeka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You mean 'my height' ? haha height is not that important don't bug yourself over it. 😂 The idea of the 'tall perfect boyfriend' sort of vanishes after the age of like 14 any way. 😊
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by coonboy)
My confidence isn’t low but I’d like to know if there are any girls who have gone out with a boy my age. Also taking into account that I’m 16 years old.
Of course; the average height of UK women is 5'5" which means that around half are shorter than you. My flatmate's boyfriend is 5'6" and my flatmate is 5'3".

Please try not to feel insecure, you are certainly not alone, and at 16 you are not expected to be in a relationship so don't feel pressurised! I didn't have my first relationship until I was 18 and I'm so glad because I comforted my friends through so many break-ups and I'm glad I didn't go through them! Instead I was able to watch and learn what not to do, which meant when it came to my turn things went so much more smoothly.

Every cloud has its silver lining.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Well at 5ft5 you would struggle quite a lot, but obviously it would not be completely impossible.

Someone of that height is obviously at a pretty significant disadvantage though, there's no point lying about it.

Still, you are only 16, you have a huge number of years ahead of you, so try not to worry too much about it.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're fine.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by StayWoke)

Spoiler:
Show

>My confidence isn't low
>I need to go on a student forums to seek validation of my potential relationship viability
pick one

Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by StayWoke)

Spoiler:
Show

>My confidence isn't low
pick one

lol embed fail above, meant to post this:

claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My husband's 5 6' i love that we re almost the same height.
Jimbo Jones
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by coonboy)
My confidence isn’t low but I’d like to know if there are any girls who have gone out with a boy my age. Also taking into account that I’m 16 years old.
yet you're asking *this*?
I'm 5'5 too - it never stopped me - well, maybe once - but she was 5'10...
22sgw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Plenty of short guys have girlfriends.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've seen guys who are 5ft 5 get nice partners and are in happy relationships. I know a few.

Aim for girls around your height or smaller.

You're only 16 and I'm sure you will grow and will not stop growing until 21 (some keep growing after this too).

Good luck
coonboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Analyst89)
I've seen guys who are 5ft 5 get nice partners and are in happy relationships. I know a few.

Aim for girls around your height or smaller.

You're only 16 and I'm sure you will grow and will not stop growing until 21 (some keep growing after this too).

Good luck
Thanks
coonboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aglaeka)
You mean 'my height' ? haha height is not that important don't bug yourself over it. 😂 The idea of the 'tall perfect boyfriend' sort of vanishes after the age of like 14 any way. 😊
Yh I meant height 😂😂
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
5'3 and I have a gf.

Don't be insecure about your height and girls won't have that reason to reject you.
RockyDennis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I was short and still growing I know I'd be injecting HGH from Reddit sources. Being short is a fixable problem. I would never be retarded enough to let myself live life as a short man just because it's the "right thing" to do and I should "just love myself brah".
Yaboi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Buy a pet
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
5'3 and I have a gf.

Don't be insecure about your height and girls won't have that reason to reject you.
Lack of insecurity doesn't make you taller though.

Most girls aren't gonna date anyone really short/shorter than them, regardless of how confident the guy is.

It is hardly controversial for me that say that as a confident 5ft3 male, the vast majority of girls would not be willing to date you. Why not? Because you're 5ft3. (Not trying to be insulting, just stating facts here.)

Now of course that doesn't really matter, you have a girlfriend, and you only need one girlfriend.

Of course there will be exceptions, so of course a 5ft5 guy has "a chance" of getting a girl.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lack of insecurity doesn't make you taller though.

Most girls aren't gonna date anyone really short/shorter than them, regardless of how confident the guy is.

It is hardly controversial for me that say that as a confident 5ft3 male, the vast majority of girls would not be willing to date you. Why not? Because you're 5ft3. (Not trying to be insulting, just stating facts here.)

Now of course that doesn't really matter, you have a girlfriend, and you only need one girlfriend.

Of course there will be exceptions, so of course a 5ft5 guy has "a chance" of getting a girl.
Never said it makes you taller. I'm saying don't give girls any more reason to reject you for your height by being insecure about it in front of them.

But of course a lot of girls would date a taller guy, I didn't object to it lol. Just telling the OP my experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.09%
No (48)
21.82%
Not sure (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads