Haven't revised for RS mock exam tomorrow Watch

skits267
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've barely revised anything and i don't know whether i should bother. If i wanted to i could try and memorise some bits but the content is extremely boring. What should i do?
ohdearstudying
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by skits267)
I've barely revised anything and i don't know whether i should bother. If i wanted to i could try and memorise some bits but the content is extremely boring. What should i do?
Hmmm, I would suggest thinking about the bigger picture-what getting a 3 when you could have gotten 7 will mean in later life (ie A Levels). I would try and look at mark schemes and memorise a few versatile quotes. If it's boring try different mediums (videos, audio and just reading if need be). Definitely bother!!
physicseastldn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you go to a school in east london?
skits267
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
Hmmm, I would suggest thinking about the bigger picture-what getting a 3 when you could have gotten 7 will mean in later life (ie A Levels). I would try and look at mark schemes and memorise a few versatile quotes. If it's boring try different mediums (videos, audio and just reading if need be). Definitely bother!!
Do gcse mocks affect A levels significantly?
skits267
Rep:
?
(Original post by physicseastldn)
do you go to a school in east london?
Nope
Gambit150
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i got an E in my RE mocks (worst grade in my life)
revised night before for gcse and got an A*
its not really that important of a subject prioritise maths and english
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do gcse mocks affect A levels significantly?
No no, mainly your GCSEs themselves. I absolutely tanked my Year 10 mocks and got ABBBCC and have not done so well this year in Year 11, don't stress. I've still got content to cover!!It's just practice, RS is one of the "nicer" subjects, I would suggest just trying as much as you can in a few hours. I love RS, I left out about 6 questions in the actual exam and got an A because I answered the other questions so well (in my opinions...)
skits267
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
No no, mainly your GCSEs themselves. I absolutely tanked my Year 10 mocks and got ABBBCC and have not done so well this year in Year 11, don't stress. I've still got content to cover!!It's just practice, RS is one of the "nicer" subjects, I would suggest just trying as much as you can in a few hours. I love RS, I left out about 6 questions in the actual exam and got an A because I answered the other questions so well (in my opinions...)
ohhh ok. i've lost hope for doing my best in these mocks but after they're done i'm planning to work harder than before for the real thing. i guess one of the main reasons why i haven't revised all this time for RS is because i don't know how to. All i have is a massive textbook and some classwork (but its not good enough for revision)
skits267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gambit150)
i got an E in my RE mocks (worst grade in my life)
revised night before for gcse and got an A*
its not really that important of a subject prioritise maths and english
I guess i will prioritise my maths mock but i'll still do a little revision for RS.
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just memorise a few quotes as they're gonna ask for sources of wisdom and authority. what religion is the paper on?
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ohhh ok. i've lost hope for doing my best in these mocks but after they're done i'm planning to work harder than before for the real thing. i guess one of the main reasons why i haven't revised all this time for RS is because i don't know how to. All i have is a massive textbook and some classwork (but its not good enough for revision)
If you would like some help send me a PM I'd love to help you if I can!
champagnemami1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don’t want to revise maybe try just revising the quotes because they help a lot. When you do the exam on crime and punishment etc you can pretty much come up with arguments yourself just as long as you have the quotes to go with it. Definitely revise quotes !!!😂
skits267
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
just memorise a few quotes as they're gonna ask for sources of wisdom and authority. what religion is the paper on?
Catholic Christianity and Judaism (but this paper is at the end of the week)
physicseastldn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go to the aqa RE site. They released a second set of specimen papers and no one at my school seems to have noticed lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads