The Student Room Group

A-level stress thread

I don't know if a thread like this has been made before :s-smilie:

But, I thought I would make a thread in which you can express any daily frustrations or worries you have about your A-Levels.

This is for anybody, but particularly, I encourage those in 2nd year (A2/Year 13) to use this as most of us are doing UCAS/receiving offers or doing interviews/preparing to accept offers whilst doing A-Levels and coursework and THIS CAN BE SO STRESSFUL

So if anybody wants to try this; have a go :smile:

TWB :smile:
Interview tomorrow!!!!!! Another Wednesday and another Friday... stress gone :biggrin:
Original post by scienceishguy
Interview tomorrow!!!!!! Another Wednesday and another Friday... stress gone :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK! What course and university you applying?
Original post by Theworriedbanana
GOOD LUCK! What course and university you applying?

Paramedic Science with Brighton University tomorrow! Thank you for the support 😊
Paramedic Science with Brighton University tomorrow! Thank you for the support 😊

That's okay! I hope everything went well! :smile:
Original post by Theworriedbanana
That's okay! I hope everything went well! :smile:

Yeah it was great thank you!! 😊
Reply 6
Ive sent off my UCAS and got my Firm and Insurance sorted, so thats not necessarily a worry. My worry is actually getting the ABB or BBB requirements! Ive gone through a really rough patch with family and school and not only has it effected by mental health but its also effected by physical health quite significantly. All my teachers (apart from one) are supportive and realise its stressful, but its just a bit shite that school can make you feel this way, I know im not the only one and its not right that we have to go through such stress at only 17
Original post by bekahh_
Ive sent off my UCAS and got my Firm and Insurance sorted, so thats not necessarily a worry. My worry is actually getting the ABB or BBB requirements! Ive gone through a really rough patch with family and school and not only has it effected by mental health but its also effected by physical health quite significantly. All my teachers (apart from one) are supportive and realise its stressful, but its just a bit shite that school can make you feel this way, I know im not the only one and its not right that we have to go through such stress at only 17

Omd! I totally get how you feel; I have not been feeling fantastic about my a levels either; especially since I have mocks and coursework all at the same time! :/ But I'm trying to remember that everyone is on the same boat!

The best I could give about achieving your entry requirements is to perhaps contact your chosen universities and ask if they would be able to consider your circumstances on results day, they can often be a bit more lenient that way! I need to get AAB, and it is going to be so hard, but I need to start thinking more positively argh!! :'D

I am sure everything will be okay in the end!! Try and stay positive, if you need to speak to someone then just message me :smile:
Yeah it was great thank you!! 😊

Awhh that's fantastic to hear!

Quick Reply

Latest