The Student Room Group

How to talk to her without coming across as desperate,awkward etc..

Basically... there is this pretty girl who i want to talk to but I am in year 13 and shes in year 12 and we have no mutual friends.

So how can I actually talk to her in a natural way? Also I always see her with her 2 friends.
Reply 1
Just go up to her complement her confidently not meekly and ask if she would like to go for a coffee sometime?
Reply 2
Original post by 22sgw
Just go up to her complement her confidently not meekly and ask if she would like to go for a coffee sometime?

Wait so I just go straight into asking for coffee? :smile: I should have thought of that
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Wait so I just go straight into asking for coffee? :smile: I should have thought of that

Well if you want to. It's a bold move, but it puts your intentions out there straight away. Introduce yourself => complement and be charming NOT CREEPY => ask her out on a small date.

The worst thing is that she'll say no.
Reply 4
I find sarcastic comments are the best ice breakers… you have to wait for the right moment like maybe she's opened a door for herself and walk in as she's going or idk.. just something to bump into her. Do you have any teachers/subjects in common? That was how i made friends with people in the year below… does she look like anyone you know? Idkk but all i know is wittiness goes a long way and the approach has to be natural, you cant just walk up to her and not seem desperate lol
Reply 5
Original post by 22sgw
Well if you want to. It's a bold move, but it puts your intentions out there straight away. Introduce yourself => complement and be charming NOT CREEPY => ask her out on a small date.

Thanks, :smile: I guess I should not talk to her when shes with friends
Reply 6
Original post by Zxyn
I find sarcastic comments are the best ice breakers… you have to wait for the right moment like maybe she's opened a door for herself and walk in as she's going or idk.. just something to bump into her. Do you have any teachers/subjects in common? That was how i made friends with people in the year below… does she look like anyone you know? Idkk but all i know is wittiness goes a long way and the approach has to be natural, you cant just walk up to her and not seem desperate lol

Hmm okay I can do witty. No teachers/subjects in common.

Dont worry I know what to do now
Reply 7
If you're attractive you'll come off as confident, witty and friendly, if you're not attractive you'll come off as desperate and awkward.
Reply 8
Thanks, :smile: I guess I should not talk to her when shes with friends

The other angle is to try to make friends with her and then ask her out. The hard part is initiating the conversation. Maybe join an after school club she is part of? Talk to her in the corridor? Is she on the same bus as you? It's hard that's why i said just go up to her confidently and place your cards on the table so to speak otherwise you are going to have to strategically plan this, which seems like far too much effort.
Reply 9
Original post by 22sgw
The other angle is to try to make friends with her and then ask her out. The hard part is initiating the conversation. Maybe join an after school club she is part of? Talk to her in the corridor? Is she on the same bus as you? It's hard that's why i said just go up to her confidently and place your cards on the table so to speak otherwise you are going to have to strategically plan this, which seems like far too much effort.

Not same bus no after school clubs. I think best thing is to get her number?
Reply 10
Original post by apcr097
If you're attractive you'll come off as confident, witty and friendly, if you're not attractive you'll come off as desperate and awkward.

That's not true… Ive seen attractive people come off as hugely desperate. Confidence, wit and friendless are factors which make people attractive - they don't come from looking attractive.
Reply 11
Not same bus no after school clubs. I think best thing is to get her number?

Yes a number is good. So the convo might go something like this "Hi, my name is X, what is your name? ... I've seen you around school and I think you look really pretty. Would you want to go for coffee sometime?" If she says yes then exchange numbers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ffs i kinda had a chance to speak to her but didnt as it felt like a bad idea :frown:.
Ffs i kinda had a chance to speak to her but didnt as it felt like a bad idea :frown:.

Not speaking to her at all is an even worse idea. Just do it next time, don't hesitate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending