The Student Room Group

heeeeeeeeeeelp

So I'm basically doing the whole A level course for Maths, physics and Economics in one year. I wanted to ask if by just using the CGP revision guides and past papers for Physics and Economics (new spec), I could achieve an A-A*. I just feel as if the text books have allot of irrelevant information and plus time is not on my side. Ed excel for Maths and Economics, OCR A for Physics.
Reply 1
No. CGP is utterly useless at A-level. You WILL need the textbooks AND official, detailed revision guides.
Personally I find the official revision guides (the hodder education unit ones) to be the best, but for Economics My Reivison Notes is also a great revision guide.

For maths you could get away with using YouTube videos, Solomon press topic/assessment papers and past papers. Physics you'll 100% need the textbook no doubt.
Reply 2
Original post by Zxyn
No. CGP is utterly useless at A-level. You WILL need the textbooks AND official, detailed revision guides.
Personally I find the official revision guides (the hodder education unit ones) to be the best, but for Economics My Reivison Notes is also a great revision guide.

For maths you could get away with using YouTube videos, Solomon press topic/assessment papers and past papers. Physics you'll 100% need the textbook no doubt.

Hmm and how much time do you think i'd need to be spending on working, if i want to achieve an A-A* baring in mind that i'm doing both As and A2 in one year with around 5-6 months left.
If you think you’ll pass using the pathetic revision guides that are CGP you’ve got another thing coming. To say they are vague is a hugeeeeeee understatement
Your user makes me wince a little btw.
Reply 5
Original post by icequeenTM
If you think you’ll pass using the pathetic revision guides that are CGP you’ve got another thing coming. To say they are vague is a hugeeeeeee understatement

:biggrin: Goddayumn ya'll are ruthless. Spent over £50 on them revision guides
Reply 6
Original post by icequeenTM
Your user makes me wince a little btw.

I feel your pain.
Reply 7
Original post by Justice4Ned
Hmm and how much time do you think i'd need to be spending on working, if i want to achieve an A-A* baring in mind that i'm doing both As and A2 in one year with around 5-6 months left.

I mean you’re looking at an intense study routine. 8 hours a day with an effective routine to make sure your maximising your time

Quick Reply

Latest