Am4n23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey,

So basically I am a second year BSc Sport and Exercise Student and I have a goal of one day becoming a Sports Medicine Doctor. So I have been researching recently and have decided to apply for a MBBS Graduate Entry Medicine after my current degree. I understand this is a competitive field but I am hoping to get a 1st Class degree and I have managed to get some work experience at a Sports Medicine Clinic and am hoping to get more experience in a health related area.
My question is, if I don’t manage to get into a Medicine, what career path do people recommend. I want to do something clinical based e.g. Sports Medicine, Physiotherapy, Osteopath. I don’t mind spending a lot of time in education, I just want to have a solid back up plan.

Thanks for your help
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Am4n23)
Hey,

So basically I am a second year BSc Sport and Exercise Student and I have a goal of one day becoming a Sports Medicine Doctor. So I have been researching recently and have decided to apply for a MBBS Graduate Entry Medicine after my current degree. I understand this is a competitive field but I am hoping to get a 1st Class degree and I have managed to get some work experience at a Sports Medicine Clinic and am hoping to get more experience in a health related area.
My question is, if I don’t manage to get into a Medicine, what career path do people recommend. I want to do something clinical based e.g. Sports Medicine, Physiotherapy, Osteopath. I don’t mind spending a lot of time in education, I just want to have a solid back up plan.

Thanks for your help
It's always a good idea to have a back up plan, but don't be put off medicine if you don't get in on your first try - many people get in on their 2nd or even 3rd application!
If you are wanting to work in the field of sports medicine and sports injury then after medicine, physiotherapy will probably give you the most opportunities to work in clinical sports medicine.
Good luck with your medicine application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads