The Student Room Group

22 chatting to a 16 year old

I’m 22, 23 in 3 months I’ve been speaking to a 16 year old who is 17 in a month and I really like him... if I was to take it any further than friends would this be wrong? I feel that it is really wrong but at the same time it feels right I do like him.. if he was older I wouldn’t question it :/
Thank you, he’s not in school he’s at college and works so he’s got his school grades.. I’m in the uk so it is legal but I’m not sure if it’s socially acceptable basically
Reply 2
Give it 2 years at least...
you're both at the age of consent - how is this even controversial?
Reply 4
it's pretty weird IMO....
As it stands, there's still social taboo, but not as bad as it would be if you were a guy; lynch mobs would be after you if you were. With a gap that big at that age, you might find that you both diverge away from each others quickly, so it may not be worth the time and effort.

Still, it's legal, so what you do is up to you.
Thank you I’ll probably just leave it as he will possibly only be interested in sex :/
Reminds me of two TSR members last year :ninja:
They were both grilled for their interaction and I think it ended after a few months.
It's legal but why would you want to go out with a kid?
In the eyes of the law, that is quite dodgy. While they are over the age of consent, the police would still be very interested in any 20-something who’s seeing someone under 18. It’s a shame that’s the world we live in (my parents started dating at 17 and 27) but I would advise you to not go any further as the potential consequences for you don’t bear thinking about

Quick Reply