The Student Room Group

Interview tips / advice?

What should I wear? Fully on formal or semi formal. It's a University interview, but I'm not sure if it's individualised or group, all I know is I've been allocated a certain time slot.

Do i need to bring anything like a portfolio or work if nothing is specified regarding this or would that come across as eager or arrogant? But if i dont bring stuff that may come across as unprepared...

Anyway thats all! any other advice y'all have feel free to say.

have a good day
Original post by TerribleGrades
What should I wear? Fully on formal or semi formal. It's a University interview, but I'm not sure if it's individualised or group, all I know is I've been allocated a certain time slot.

Do i need to bring anything like a portfolio or work if nothing is specified regarding this or would that come across as eager or arrogant? But if i dont bring stuff that may come across as unprepared...

Anyway thats all! any other advice y'all have feel free to say.

have a good day

What to wear: informal is normally best (unless that makes YOU uncomfortable). Check out the clothes that the staff wear on the website, watch videos/look at staff profiles. Suits will be rare.

Bring a print out of your application (from Apply) so you can re read your PS - that's what the interviewers will have in front of them

Bring a print out of your invitation (complete with phone numbers to ring if you're running late)

Bring detailed directions of how to get there.

You might want to print out the course page for the course too so you can re read about it on your way.

If they want a portfolio then they'll have made that clear in the invitation (and should have provided details about what's expected...and if they haven't you should get in touch with them).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending