Struggling with Rossetti Poetry - AS English Lit

Watch
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Studying AS English Lit and we're doing Rossetti's poems and The Tempest currently. The Tempest is fine - but Rossetti is a nightmare. Is there a specific method of conjuring good interpretations for her poems? The language used is convoluted and hard to read - i'm struggling to read in-between the lines and think of meaningful interpretations to add to class discussions. Currently we're analysing 'In The Round Tower at Jhansi, June 8, 1857'; I have to used the revision guide to give me good interpretations - but I can't do this in the exam. Is there a way of thinking or analysing language that is concise and effective for poetry?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (216)
43.99%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.41%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.5%

Watched Threads