The Student Room Group

Financing Graduate Studies - Help Needed!

I am having a good 2:2 BS honours in engineering from a well known institution of my country, i have seen the entry requirements of many universities in UK for which i am eligible to apply but not for the scholarships as they require first class honours.

I can't finance my study there, what should i do? any way to pursue my MS degree fully/partially funded?
Original post by MUzair33
I am having a good 2:2 BS honours in engineering from a well known institution of my country, i have seen the entry requirements of many universities in UK for which i am eligible to apply but not for the scholarships as they require first class honours.

I can't finance my study there, what should i do? any way to pursue my MS degree fully/partially funded?

Hi MUzair33,

What country are you from? what course will you be studying and how long will the course last?

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi MUzair33,

What country are you from? what course will you be studying and how long will the course last?

Thanks

Catherine

I'm from Pakistan and want to study MS Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Full time - 1 year)
I'm from Pakistan and want to study MS Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Full time - 1 year)

Hi Muzair33,

Are you currently living in the UK or will you be planning to come to the UK for the Purposes of Study?

Thanks
Louise
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Muzair33,

Are you currently living in the UK or will you be planning to come to the UK for the Purposes of Study?

Thanks
Louise

I'm not in Uk, i am planning to study there
I'm not in Uk, i am planning to study there

Hi MUzair33,

If you're not a UK or EU National to be eligible for Postgraduate Loan you would have to have ‘settled status’, so there are no restrictions on how long you can stay.

You would also have to have been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for at least 3 years before starting your course. And you would have to normally live in England, not just have moved here to study.

Based on the information you've given already, you wouldn't be eligible for funding from Student Finance England.

However, there are other sources of funding available. I'd suggest checking with prospective universities as they'll be able to advise on what you may be able to apply for as an overseas student.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending